Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Outlander season 5 (Cryptozoic)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Outlander season 5 (Cryptozoic)
 Login/Join
 
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Just noticed the product page is up for this now. Promos have been coming out for a while, but first details of the set are now posted.

No signers confirmed yet.

https://cryptozoic.com/collect...ading-cards-season-5

For some reason there are two binders, and I think they've got different exclusive wardrobe cards in.





  • 72-card Base Set features episodic images from Season 5
  • 4 Chase Sets: “Kids & Critters,” “Never My Love,” “Time Traveler,” and “Stand for All”
  • Puzzle Cards
  • Autograph Cards from main cast and guest stars (1:24 packs)
  • Authentic Wardrobe Cards (1:24 packs)
  • Foil variants of Base and Chase Sets
  • Printing Plates


BINDER CONTENTS
  • Full color 2” 3-ring binder features key art
  • 2 versions, each with an exclusive Wardrobe Card


HITS SUMMARY
  • Autographs Cards (1:Box)
  • Wardrobe Cards (1:Box)
  • Silver Foil Base/Chase Parallel Cards (1:3 Packs)
  • Gold Foil Stamped on Silver Foil Board
  • Base/Chase Parallel Cards (1:8 Packs)
  • Red Foil Stamped Base/Chase Parallel Cards (1:30 Packs)
 
Posts: 795 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I wonder why the Outlander boxes continue to carry just one autograph card, with one wardrobe card? Most of the other RA titles, including new titles, are running between 2 - 4 autograph cards. It's not that Outlander cards are cheaper either. Past season boxes have always been priced at the maximum for their time.

Do Outlander collectors like the costume cards so much that they don't care about losing more autograph cards? I'm kind of surprised that Outlander buyers don't demand more hits when the cost keeps increasing anyway.
 
Posts: 10468 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
Aren't most CZE boxes for any title only 1 autograph? I always thought it was a bit tight. The only plus points for CZE boxes are the complete base set(usually) and one or two insert sets from one box, plus the autograph and costume.

I won't be diving into much more Outlander stuff myself. The best of Outlander was when it was set in Scotland(with a French detour). I've read the books but both books and show were at their best when set in Scotland(with that French detour) once the story settled in the US it got a lot more bogged down and dull. The last new book had nothing happen for about 650 pages....I kid you not. Like most successful authors they seem to lose the ability to edit or even allow editing.

Anyway, I already have the autographs of most of my favourites with a few nice costume cards. My only interest would be in whichever other new actors that sign for it. But that would still need thinking about, as they always seem overpriced even for bit-part-nobodies.

Oh yes the total Outlander nerds love their costume cards, or they used to. I happened to pull a rare one from S1(M13 Claire, for anyone interested), out of an otherwise below average box, when I saw what it was selling for a year later, I sold mine. Stupid money for a 1-inch square swatch. Confused Eek
 
Posts: 440 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
Aren't most CZE boxes for any title only 1 autograph?


My turn for apologies, I don't know what I was thinking to associate Outlander with RA instead of CZE. Yeah, CZE has been doing one autograph and a second hit of lesser value exclusively in the card products they still squeeze out. They seem to sell out, so the demand must be there.
 
Posts: 10468 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
Love the design of the cards. This time they didn't get s5 costumes, so they are releasing Timeless wardrobes, from season 1 to 4.
I'm thrilled as it is another chance to revisit Terry Dresbach's wonderful work.

____________________
"On Your Feet, Soldier. Take Me Back To Lallybroch."
- Outlander
 
Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If anyone still cares about this, a signers list is now up.

And a release date of September 6th (binders will follow in October).

Sam Heughan as Jamie Fraser
Richard Rankin as Roger MacKenzie
Ed Speleers as Stephen Bonnet
John Bell as Young Ian Murray
Lauren Lyle as Marsali Fraser
Duncan Lacroix as Murtagh Fraser
Maria Doyle Kennedy as Jocasta Cameron
Tim Downie as Governor William Tryon
Chris Donald as Phillip Wylie
Billy Boyd as Gerald Forbes
Jon Tarcy as Isaiah Morton
Paul Gorman as Josiah and Keziah Beardsley
Brennan Martin as Wendigo Donner
Colin McFarlane as Ulysses
Caitlin O'Ryan as Lizzie Wemyss
Wil Johnson as Joe Abernathy
Melanie Gray as Margaret Tryon
Michael D. Xavier as Lt. Hamilton Knox
Alexis Rodney as Tebbe
Anna Burnett as Alicia Brown
Hugh Ross as Arch Bug
Chris Larkin as Richard Brown
 
Posts: 795 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
Can't wait for the set.

It also includes 4 dual autographed cards

- Duncan Lacroix and Maria Doyle Kennedy, Murtagh and Jocasta Cameron

- Caitlin O’Ryan and Paul Gorman, Lizzie Wemyss and Josiah/Keziah Beardsley

- Tim Downie and Melanie Gray, Governor and Mrs. Tryon

- Anna Burnett and Jon Tarcy, Alicia Brown and Isaiah Morton

____________________
"On Your Feet, Soldier. Take Me Back To Lallybroch."
- Outlander
 
Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They finally have pictures of the autograph cards up on the product page.
 
Posts: 795 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
I've just seen a seller list a master set of all the autographs from Season 5, excluding duals and it appears there are 3 different Sam Heughan cards and 2 different Richard Rankin cards. A total of 25 autograph cards. Considering the picture is in a small circle and not all that different, I don't really see the point.
I don't know the totals, but I assume if Sam signed 300 cards, for instance, then each card would only be 100. I know CZE are never very clear about rarity with their cards.
 
Posts: 440 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Is this the first Season set where the majority of chase cards are not in one box as before?
 
Posts: 12161 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
I haven't received my cards yet.

Except season 4 where even the collation of the base set was bad, season 2 and 3 had full chase sets, and a few puzzle cards.

____________________
"On Your Feet, Soldier. Take Me Back To Lallybroch."
- Outlander
 
Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
There's a redemption card for a Caitriona Balfe autograph card.

There's another redemption card for "One of the stars of Outlander Season 5"

____________________
"On Your Feet, Soldier. Take Me Back To Lallybroch."
- Outlander
 
Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Is this the first Season set where the majority of chase cards are not in one box as before?


Got 4 boxes and collation was perfect. Except the puzzle, got a base set and all the other chase sets in each box.
I'm posting my boxes in the box breakdowns

____________________
"On Your Feet, Soldier. Take Me Back To Lallybroch."
- Outlander
 
Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jademaliburoad:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Is this the first Season set where the majority of chase cards are not in one box as before?


Got 4 boxes and collation was perfect. Except the puzzle, got a base set and all the other chase sets in each box.
I'm posting my boxes in the box breakdowns


Same for me in the perfect collation - Very pleased
 
Posts: 12161 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
"Sets" of the promos including a "new" P1 variant are available today on the Crypto website.
 
Posts: 4035 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
"Sets" of the promos including a "new" P1 variant are available today on the Crypto website.


You can also buy the P1 Variant seperately

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,
 
Posts: 12161 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
"Sets" of the promos including a "new" P1 variant are available today on the Crypto website.


You can also buy the P1 Variant seperately


Their website now states the P1 variant is not available. I tried to order the complete promo set but I could not get past the message

"Your order cannot be shipped to the selected address. Review your address to ensure it's correct and try again, or select a different address."

Any clues?

regards

John

____________________
 
Posts: 2126 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
"Sets" of the promos including a "new" P1 variant are available today on the Crypto website.


You can also buy the P1 Variant seperately


Their website now states the P1 variant is not available. I tried to order the complete promo set but I could not get past the message

"Your order cannot be shipped to the selected address. Review your address to ensure it's correct and try again, or select a different address."

Any clues?

regards

John


Maybe because you are outside of the US?
 
Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
"Sets" of the promos including a "new" P1 variant are available today on the Crypto website.


You can also buy the P1 Variant seperately


Their website now states the P1 variant is not available. I tried to order the complete promo set but I could not get past the message

"Your order cannot be shipped to the selected address. Review your address to ensure it's correct and try again, or select a different address."

Any clues?

regards

John


Maybe because you are outside of the US?


That maybe the reason however the website does not indicate that their products are not available outside the US.

____________________
 
Posts: 2126 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
"Sets" of the promos including a "new" P1 variant are available today on the Crypto website.


You can also buy the P1 Variant seperately


Their website now states the P1 variant is not available. I tried to order the complete promo set but I could not get past the message

"Your order cannot be shipped to the selected address. Review your address to ensure it's correct and try again, or select a different address."

Any clues?

regards

John


Maybe because you are outside of the US?


That maybe the reason however the website does not indicate that their products are not available outside the US.


John - sent you an email.
 
Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Outlander season 5 (Cryptozoic)

© Non-Sport Update 2013