Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    House of the Dragon Season 1 (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

House of the Dragon Season 1 (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Well Rittenhouse has sold out, so somebody purchased them

Posts: 12182 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I don't think anyone doubted a sellout. First season autograph cards of any popular main cast generally become close to the top priced cards. There are always buyers looking to score better than the box.

I am curious to see if RA will pack out more than the stated single autograph card. With the last Doctor Who, 4 autographs turned out to be 6 autographs without notice. I would only even consider picking up a box here if there is more than one. If RA wants to do a single autograph hit per box, most likely be a common signer, they should put out a cheaper box.

Posts: 10529 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

If RA wants to do a single autograph hit per box, most likely be a common signer, they should put out a cheaper box.

I would agree but it seems they can sell all their product whtever the price so why lower it.

Posts: 29033 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
House of the Dragon has gone live! Some sellers starting Milly Alcock over $2k.

Posts: 4958 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Looks like Rittenhouse are starting to post retail orders placed with them.

Posts: 3265 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of these costume cards are amazing but boy the prices being asked are insane. Was very tempted to buy a couple, but just cant justify those prices for costume cards. Will sit on my hands and hope the prices drop to a more reasonable level.
Not tempted by the autograph cards the prices are way beyond what I would pay and I find the bordered ones ugly.

Posts: 122 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neilsy:
Some of these costume cards are amazing but boy the prices being asked are insane. Was very tempted to buy a couple, but just cant justify those prices for costume cards. Will sit on my hands and hope the prices drop to a more reasonable level.
Not tempted by the autograph cards the prices are way beyond what I would pay and I find the bordered ones ugly.

Yeah, at the prices I've seen so far, I'll be waiting things out too. And if they never drop, then that's how it is, and I won't be tempted to break my own budget and rationality. Smile

Posts: 453 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

I wonder if some people think these are parts of costumes that appeared on screen ? Pretty sure these will just be unused bits of fabric left after the costumes have been made .

Posts: 2567 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

I wonder if some people think these are parts of costumes that appeared on screen ? Pretty sure these will just be unused bits of fabric left after the costumes have been made .

Yep, they just say "Costume Material" on the back of the one's I've seen

Posts: 12182 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So DRC4 went up for sale for £499.99 and someone bought it straight away under best offer, I hope they know its costume material.

Makes the Harry Potter prices look like a bargain!

Posts: 122 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
So DRC4 went up for sale for £499.99 and someone bought it straight away under best offer, I hope they know its costume material.

Makes the Harry Potter prices look like a bargain!

Especially as those Potter cards are the real deal worn by the actors . I honestly thought the costume cards for this release were just filler to make up for only one autograph per box but now I wish I had bought a case as it seems you could sell the costume cards and keep the autographs while still making most of the cost of the case back .

Posts: 2567 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post