Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Picard Seasons 2&3 (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picard Seasons 2&3 (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted
I see this is now scheduled for Feb/Mar 2024 according to the Release Schedule on RA's table at the Philly Show.

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
This is a set I am excited for. I could do with very little 2 and a lot more 3, but I want an Alison Pill full bleed autograph hopefully.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
There was an Alison Pill autograph card and a Michelle Hurd autograph card on display at the Philly Show. I can't remember which was full bleed and which was bordered. Confused

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curler:
There was an Alison Pill autograph card and a Michelle Hurd autograph card on display at the Philly Show. I can't remember which was full bleed and which was bordered. Confused

Alison Pill is full bleed

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
And Michelle Hurd was bordered. Rob told me they also had an Allison Pill as the Borg Queen.

Posts: 3214 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Really looking forward to this set.

A jumbo auto card with all 7 original TNG crew would be cool.

Would like to see two Borg Queen autos, or a double, from Alice Krige (voice) and Jane Edwina Seymour (on-set actress).

It’s a shame there can be no autos from the late Annie Wersching, she was really great in season 2.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Did you happen to see a Lea Thompson signed card at the show?

Would be cool to have an on card autograph of her.

Posts: 4853 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Nice to see Allison Pill and Lea Thompson made the list. Others include...

Patrick Stewart Oversized...begin eye twitch!
Michelle Hurd
Michael Dorn
Todd Stashwick
John de Lancie
Orla Brady
Amanda Plummer (hope it is a better pic than BSG)
Mica Burton
Santiago Cabrera
Brent Spiner
Ed Speleers
Ashlei Sharpe Chestnut
Ito Aghayere
Tim Russ

Posts: 4853 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Orla Brady is nice to see

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Orla Brady is nice to see

Just saw her in an episode of Death In Paradise yesterday.

Posts: 3251 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
No new Jeri Ryan autographs in this one? If that stands, it takes away a big card draw. The $169.99 is apparently RA's average SRP box now. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10398 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think season 3 is something special and the fans love it. I wish this issue wasn't as uninspired, loveless and uncreative as the last STAR TREK Rittenhouse issues.

There used to be really great ideas and a special card wasn't a simple picture with metallic lettering. A lot of love was put into the design.
For example: 50th STAR TREK had phase cut, beautifully designed captain cards, metal character cards. Of course, the ideas were now used more often.

But the last STAR TREK issues were also boring and uninspired from a design point of view. And more expensive. Clearly because of the number of autographs.

If the design reflects the beloved world of STAR TREK, then I want to have all the cards in the issue and open my wallet.

I'm really looking forward to this edition, but I also have my reservations.

Posts: 6 | Location: Germany | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to seeing the Lea Thompson auto.

Posts: 3251 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TylerDurden:
But the last STAR TREK issues were also boring and uninspired from a design point of view. And more expensive. Clearly because of the number of autographs.

I think many of the boring design choices are brought on by collectors preferring uniformity with the last edition. Some people want all the cards to maintain the same look of a continuing set. I myself prefer differences. With the GoT sets for example, you often don't know which season's cards you have in your hand until you read the text.

As for autographs causing the price to go up, I would have to say maybe, maybe not. Yes the box costs on average product have almost doubled and we now have SRP at $250 and over for the premium cards. The price points are straining common sense.

However, I don't believe that is necessarily due to the autographs, since makers like RA typically stockpile their autograph cards early on and makers like Topps and UD use stickers. So many of these autographs are in hand for quite a while. Just look at the signers who have passed away, but still make it into the next 3 editions. New autograph signers might cost more, but raising the price for stuff that was paid for long ago is strictly a manufacturer's choice and a buyer's willingness to purchase.

Posts: 10398 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

As for autographs causing the price to go up, I would have to say maybe, maybe not. Yes the box costs on average product have almost doubled and we now have SRP at $250 and over for the premium cards. The price points are straining common sense.

However, I don't believe that is necessarily due to the autographs, since makers like RA typically stockpile their autograph cards early on and makers like Topps and UD use stickers. So many of these autographs are in hand for quite a while. Just look at the signers who have passed away, but still make it into the next 3 editions. New autograph signers might cost more, but raising the price for stuff that was paid for long ago is strictly a manufacturer's choice and a buyer's willingness to purchase.

I’ve NO idea why the prices of the cards from the beginning of the chain have shot up by 40% or so, but they have. As far as Rittenhouse SRP, if you find a friendly dealer, of which there are a few on this board(full disclosure - me too), most are not selling boxes at $250, but about $140. That is admittedly still high, but the cost to us shot way up too.

Posts: 3214 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane:

I’ve NO idea why the prices of the cards from the beginning of the chain have shot up by 40% or so, but they have. As far as Rittenhouse SRP, if you find a friendly dealer, of which there are a few on this board(full disclosure - me too), most are not selling boxes at $250, but about $140. That is admittedly still high, but the cost to us shot way up too.

I believe you're quite right that the now $169.99 SRP boxes can be had for $140 from a usual source. It has always been expected that you're regular dealer will knock off $20 or so for you and still make a good profit.

However, the boxes that SRP between $250 - $300 are not being sold for less than $225 in my own experience. There have been a couple of titles recently that were severely discounted because they didn't move. I picked up "Doctor Who Series 11 & 12" at $60 a box and that may well have been at cost or below for the dealers. I believe that as the boxes/cases keep asking for higher costs, there is going to be more discounting on stale product because it won't sell out of inventory through the normal distribution channels.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Raven, $60 for Dr. Who anything is below cost.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane:

I believe you're quite right that the now $169.99 SRP boxes can be had for $140 from a usual source. It has always been expected that you're regular dealer will knock off $20 or so for you and still make a good profit.

However, the boxes that SRP between $250 - $300 are not being sold for less than $225 in my own experience. There have been a couple of titles recently that were severely discounted because they didn't move. I picked up "Doctor Who Series 11 & 12" at $60 a box and that may well have been at cost or below for the dealers. I believe that as the boxes/cases keep asking for higher costs, there is going to be more discounting on stale product because it won't sell out of inventory through the normal distribution channels.

I think Rittenhouse spikes their direct prices so they don’t undercut their dealers.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Auto Checklist released.

One scarce Lea Thompson.

https://www.scifihobby.com/pro...cklist.cfm?SetID=386

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
71 autos and too many other inserts.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post