Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Picard Seasons 2&3 (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picard Seasons 2&3 (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
It's not really 71 autographs because there are only 35 individual signers on that checklist. RA is counting the different designs, not the number of different people. Most of the signers are commons and I would maintain that, even if they come with an inscription, it doesn't make them any less of a common card. Big Grin

The cards are nice looking. RA has always done a nice job on the cards. They simply cost too much now. That is especially true on a title that isn't breaking any new ground with the best of its hits, which you are unlikely to pull anyway.

It may not sound like it, but I consider RA to be the best of the card makers in today's hobby. I just can't do random sealed box buying from them anymore. Too much money is wasted with too little to show for it.

Posts: 10425 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I haven't purchased many card sets in the last decade, but have recently purchased Strange New Worlds set, so was looking forward to getting this set also.
Really disappointed that there is no Jeri Ryan auto though. A Seven in her Starfleet uniform would have been awesome.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Picard Seasons 2 & 3 is sold out ahead of its April 3rd release. That is why we can post anything we want about new RA cards, pro or con, and it doesn't make a bit of difference. It seems like it should, but somehow there is no evidence of it. Big Grin

Posts: 10425 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
It is LIVE!!!

Posts: 4867 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
I haven't purchased many card sets in the last decade, but have recently purchased Strange New Worlds set, so was looking forward to getting this set also.
Really disappointed that there is no Jeri Ryan auto though. A Seven in her Starfleet uniform would have been awesome.

She was in the first set.

Posts: 795 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone else find it odd that Jonathan Frakes only signed the oversized 6-case incentive Dual Autograph Card and not a regular auto card?

Also, as a set collector, seeing a parallel set for one of the chase sets in the incentive box is frustrating. It's selling for more than a mini master set on eBay.

Until I saw the final checklist, I'd planned on buying at least a case. Then I decided to just pick up a mini master set on eBay. Now I'm probably not going to get anything.

Posts: 65 | Location: The World | Registered: August 03, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I found it odd that Jeri Ryan didn't even get an oversized incentive. She had 3 very exclusive autograph cards, somehow I thought it was 4, in Picard Season 1. Would have expected RA to know that they needed more demand on the autograph checklist than what they put in.

I have said this before. A common signer with an inscription is no better than the same common signer without an inscription. If that's supposed to be the best box hit, there is no best hit.