Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Topps 76 ST cards book
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps 76 ST cards book
 Login/Join

Picture of STCardGeek
posted
So, there's going to be a Topps 76 card set book released this year...oddly if I'm reading hte description right, it includes 4 cards, but the 4 cards are from the 1979 set Smile
From TrekCollective: (http://www.thetrekcollective.com/)
This first-ever compilation includes the fronts and backs of all eighty-eight cards and twenty-two rare and hard-to-find stickers (which were originally sold on per pack), as well as text and commentary by Star Trek insiders Paula M. Block and Terry J. Erdmann.
Also includes FOUR BONUS TRADING CARDS featuring Captain James T. Kirk, Lieutenant Nyota Uhura, Lieutenant Commander Mongomery "scotty" Scott, Ensign Pavel Chekov, and - making his trading card debut - Lieutenant Hikaru Sulu!

It's apparently part of a series of Topps card books, I'd not heard of it before now, cause..well, it wasn't Trek before Wink

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hey Lynne: I just replied to you over on Facebook. As I said there, I think this is going to be similar to the other Abrams books that Topps has been working with them on. They've done at least three already (Wacky Packages, GPK, and Mars Attacks) and have a couple of others in the works including a sports one. The Mars Attacks one was really well done. All have come with cards (or stickers) glued in a plastic pocket to the inside back cover. They all have a book cover that emulates a wax wrapper.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Well, I love the wreapper as book jacket idea, very cute, does it come with gum!!!

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post