Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy Grail Card(s)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I don't know where else to post this.
Anyone having trouble getting in touch with Ed at Sci-Fi Cards lately?
I keep sending e-mails with no response.

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:

I have tried to contact Ed the past few months and got no response from him either.
I even tried to reach out via text message with no response.
I hope all is okay with him.

Posts: 856 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brimaster:
quote:

I have tried to contact Ed the past few months and got no response from him either.
I even tried to reach out via text message with no response.
I hope all is okay with him.

Yeah, me too!

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I haven't tried to contact Ed for a very long time but the latest version of his monthly newsletter arrived in my email in-box on the 7th April.

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I bought something from him on Ebay late last month (ordered around the 30th) and the cards arrived three days later. He answered a message from me too.

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'll try contacting him through E-Bay then.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I bought something from him on Ebay late last month (ordered around the 30th) and the cards arrived three days later. He answered a message from me too.

Hey, can you end me an e-mail please?

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Cardaddict: I'm alive, and just getting out from under the tax crush I procrastinated on for too long.

I'm catching up on things. 2am now, so not getting much else done today. But I will email you later today.

I'm just now seeing this, and your emails. Outlook was not my friend this month.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Mystery solved!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Now that Ed has been found Big Grin and getting back on topic, I wonder if we really think that there are any Holy Grail cards that cannot be found, provided that we have the money to buy them.

Now to clarify that, I'm not including some 1/1 card that was created in the last 20 years just so "there can be only one". I'm not even talking about a small cluster of manufactured hits. I'm talking about cards, or maybe a specific signer, that you always wanted and had enough of a chance to follow and chase.

In my case I have had Holy Grail autograph cards, but more notably Holy Grail signers on any autograph certified card. Up until about 3 years ago I had a fairly decent sized list of people that I was looking to pick up. Now that list has been whittled down to basically no one. Any signers I am still missing is because they never signed cards yet, or because I chose not to spend the price, but not because they weren't on the market.

There are so many exchanges now and so many sellers that the notion of the Holy Grail no longer exists for me. I could tell you autograph cards I still would like to have, but I could get them or something like them if I really needed them, and I don't anymore. I really feel that the market is so overrun now that signers and cards I never expected to see are widely available with just cost being a barrier and that is coming down for many of them. After consideration, although I had them in the past, I can't think of any Holy Grail card or signature left for me.

I also should add that Pop Century has really been spearheading the completion of my own list of wants recently.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outlook is definitely not my friend either. I got locked out of my account in February and there is no way to contact a live person to unlock it. Their Artificial Intelligence system is totally useless.

Posts: 28 | Location: san antonio, tx | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have you tried googling, "I got locked out of my Outlook account and haven't been able to contact anyone?" or words like that. There are people who can help out there.

quote:
Originally posted by mistermagdealer:
Outlook is definitely not my friend either. I got locked out of my account in February and there is no way to contact a live person to unlock it. Their Artificial Intelligence system is totally useless.

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well that must be satisfying, having found everything you really want. It's not like that with promos. Years later, and after many collectors have sold their collections, and even some manufacturers have unloaded some near-forgotten extras from storage, there are still cards many collectors are looking for. Some of them are hardly glittering jewels. Once found, they might be a couple of bucks a piece.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Now that Ed has been found Big Grin and getting back on topic, I wonder if we really think that there are any Holy Grail cards that cannot be found, provided that we have the money to buy them.

Now to clarify that, I'm not including some 1/1 card that was created in the last 20 years just so "there can be only one". I'm not even talking about a small cluster of manufactured hits. I'm talking about cards, or maybe a specific signer, that you always wanted and had enough of a chance to follow and chase.

In my case I have had Holy Grail autograph cards, but more notably Holy Grail signers on any autograph certified card. Up until about 3 years ago I had a fairly decent sized list of people that I was looking to pick up. Now that list has been whittled down to basically no one. Any signers I am still missing is because they never signed cards yet, or because I chose not to spend the price, but not because they weren't on the market.

There are so many exchanges now and so many sellers that the notion of the Holy Grail no longer exists for me. I could tell you autograph cards I still would like to have, but I could get them or something like them if I really needed them, and I don't anymore. I really feel that the market is so overrun now that signers and cards I never expected to see are widely available with just cost being a barrier and that is coming down for many of them. After consideration, although I had them in the past, I can't think of any Holy Grail card or signature left for me.

I also should add that Pop Century has really been spearheading the completion of my own list of wants recently.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Well that must be satisfying, having found everything you really want. It's not like that with promos. Years later, and after many collectors have sold their collections, and even some manufacturers have unloaded some near-forgotten extras from storage, there are still cards many collectors are looking for. Some of them are hardly glittering jewels. Once found, they might be a couple of bucks a piece. Quote.

Yeah, that's true. I have very little knowledge of the worth of promos to promo collectors and wouldn't know something good if I had it. We think Holy Grails are always in demand cards, but experts are sometimes looking for things that are rare because everyone else threw them out. That's the way vintage cards used to develop a market before manufactured rarity. Smile

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Ed may still be having problems.
His promised e-mail never arrived.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ed may still be having problems.
His promised e-mail never arrived.

I only THOUGHT I was done with taxes... Some things crept up that I needed to address before the deadline.

Email just sent.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post