Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Inkworks 2008 Twilight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inkworks 2008 Twilight
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
A sealed box of this issue just sold for US $ 61
Although I have mot been keeping track, this seems to be a big reduction in price.
Piko

Posts: 767 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Can't be an original Inkworks' box. Must be the NECA reprints, which is probably an OK price if someone just wants to have basically the same cards.

A sealed Inkworks' box would contain a Pieceworks costume card. They got to be pretty valuable, especially Bella and Edward. Haven't been tracking any "Twilight" in years, but I doubt there are too many original sealed boxes left unopened. It wouldn't be for $61 either.

Posts: 10498 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
I often see signed NECA cards for the actor Peter Facinelli, who played Carlisle Cullen. Were those authenticated, or did he just sign a bunch in a sort of promo mode for the NECA release? There always seems to be a ready supply of them on ebay.

Posts: 447 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
I often see signed NECA cards for the actor Peter Facinelli, who played Carlisle Cullen. Were those authenticated, or did he just sign a bunch in a sort of promo mode for the NECA release? There always seems to be a ready supply of them on ebay.

I believe that they are authenticated and came straight from NECA. I somehow think they were part of a boxed set of the reprints, but I'm fuzzy on that part now. I never got around to picking one up, but they have stayed pretty cheap all along. I guess there is little demand for his signature and that's all there is to it.

Posts: 10498 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Raven. Thumb Up
I just looked on the usual site and there are lots available but huge differences in signature. Mind you, if someone really wants one, they have a wealth of signature styles to pick from. Big Grin
They do look a little odd for authenticated cards, hence I asked. But there again I'm not aware that NECA have done many titles, ever.

Posts: 447 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Here's what you're looking for, see the link below to Allender's site. I was right that the Facinelli autograph card was in a NECA factory set, but also in update packs. There was also an autograph card from Ashley Greene that is still hanging around eBay on the cheap.

https://nslists.com/twilinm.htm

Back in 2009 NECA was making moves to expand into the trading card business. I guess it didn't work out, although I think the Twilight reprints sold OK for them. I have no idea what they are doing now or if NECA is still producing anything. I used to like their bobbleheads. Smile

posted Hide Post
NECA are still going as far as I know. I have their Varak demon nun figure from only a couple of years ago. Pretty good 8"-ish figure, with fabric habit and a choice of two heads. Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It was definately a Inkworks box had all the Inkworks trade marks and name on the included pictures.

Posts: 767 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
You asked about a price reduction on Inkworks 2008 Twilight sealed boxes and nothing indicates it, at least not on eBay. Sealed boxes can't be found, but there are sold listings for the full base set and individual Piecework cards. The costume cards seem to run from $50 - $375 each depending on the character. You can track them and other set sales.

If you saw a box for $61 then you saw it, but it's not a reduction. It's some kind of mistake. Or a miracle. Wink

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Here it is:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/32612...tkp%3ABk9SR6LTlt_zYw

Posts: 3347 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a Hot Topic retail box, not a hobby box with an Inkworks Pieceworks card.

Posts: 68 | Location: The World | Registered: August 03, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Johnson:
That's a Hot Topic retail box, not a hobby box with an Inkworks Pieceworks card.

Yes, give that man a prize. Thumb Up

I had forgotten about the retail boxes made exclusively for Hot Topic stores. There is no costume card in them and that takes away the lion's share of the potential box value.

The listing doesn't seem to specify that it is a retail box, but the bidders knew enough to keep it low. There is always a reason why something sells at a big discount and it's often because either its damaged or just not the same item.