Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Cards from Deleted Scenes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cards from Deleted Scenes
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I'm pretty sure that these cards depict scenes that were deleted from the final cut of the movie. That being the case, it is very difficult to figure out who the actors/actresses being depicted are, since they are not in the closing credits.

Do you know of any others?

Posts: 2212 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
I'm pretty sure that these cards depict scenes that were deleted from the final cut of the movie. That being the case, it is very difficult to figure out who the actors/actresses being depicted are, since they are not in the closing credits.

Do you know of any others?

Doug & Mike, plumbers for Scapelli Construction according to the back of the card. Not credited on imdb.

Posts: 3252 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Here's a pretty famous one from Topps Star Wars 1977 Series II. I think there may be a few more from the various original Topps series.

It's Luke seeing the space battle that opened the film while wearing his hat, which I don't think he wore at all in the final cut. They decided to cut this scene and the one it leads into when Luke goes to tell his friends about what he's seen only to be mocked by the cooler kids who call him "Wormie". He also talks to his better friend Biggs in that scene, setting up their reunion before the Death Star attack that did make the final cut. They decided to lose all of this and get straight to the space battle to open the film.

And it's not exactly the same, but there's a whole subset of deleted scenes cards from the original 1979 "Alien" movie in the 2017 Upper Deck set for the same.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Chesspiece posted about card 85 before I could finish mine. Here's Card 74 also from the second "red" series which shows an image from a deleted scene (which exists in the official novelization) at the beginning of the movie.

I think there's another card (Luke standing next to a vaporator) in the yellow or green series.

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This card is from a scene that was left on the cutting room floor.

Posts: 2212 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Also from that Terminator 2 set is another scene that didn't make it into the final cut: inadvertent doomsday robot inventor Miles Dyson and his family at home.

From the 1982 Monty Gum "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan", here are cut shots from the fight between Kirk and his son plus another of Chekov during film's climactic battle:

From the "Star Trek: Insurrection" widevision set, this card shows a librarian shushing Riker and Troi for talking too loudly:

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post