Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Finding older Inkwork Promos (other than E-Bay)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finding older Inkwork Promos (other than E-Bay)
 Login/Join

Picture of AWR
posted
Going through my collection of inkwork promos (I have a lot) and was wondering what the best way would be to try and find / collect the ones I am missing, other than search on e-bay

Do the old inkwork promos (the rarer ones like p-i, p-uk, and SD2***) show up at card shows like the Philly Non-Sport Card show. I like the thrill of the chase and find it more satisfying (and usually cheaper due to shipping costs) than just searching and buying on e-bay

I am willing to trade, but usually don't have duplicates of the harder to find promos (although I do have other promos / chase cards / base cards that I could use to trade

Andy

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
I have a few available for trade in the trading section.Which ones are you looking for?

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
Just thought, Ross down in New Zealand (PIKO) is what I would consider the doyen of older Inkworks promos. He has just about everything Inkworks put out in the way of promos etc...
Might be good to email him as he might have some info for you or maybe set up a trade? Plus, he is such a nice bloke.

Hope you find what cards you are looking for Thumb Up Metal

quote:
Please, a little respect. For I am Costanza, lord of the idiots!

Posts: 711 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I've got a couple of P-Uk and SD ones, generally at shows the dealers don't have the hard to find ones as they've usually sold them already

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Andy,

Send me an email specifying which ones you are looking for (or at least the sets if you don't want to be specific at first) and I'll see what I have.

Deena

Posts: 465 | Location: Sarasota, FL, USA | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I do not think you have to go to great lengths to procure the older Inkworks promo cards
About 3 years ago you put up a list of the Inkworks promos that you had and you had 90% or more of them I think you had a couple that I never had and I had a couple that you never had.
I have never worried about sets to me there were only promo cards and sets were as many promo cards issued within the promo set.
Yes you can sort your promo cards into
SDCC , Internet, UK, sets but then you only have cards everywere and not in the sets that they were issued in as promo cards EG some issues had up to 10 cards issued as promos sorting sets out only leave you having to buy extra cards to refill the spaces.
My opinion only leave the promos as promo sets and forget about base sets.
But I am only a promo card collector and not interested in base sets.
And to cap it all off these days Inkworks promo cards especially Internet, SDCC, UK,are getting quiet expensive.
I have just obtained my Angel 4 UK embossed card last week at a really cheap price I think it cost me more in shipping than the card cost have not received it yet possibly today.
I have quiet a lot of Inkworks promos for trade but no really rare ones but even shipping has put a stop to trading
Any way
Happy Hunting

Posts: 761 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I haven't really hunted down every Inkworks promo - just pick off a hole in my checklist every once in a while but I've picked up a few quite cheaply in recent years. In fact, I found a Charmed NSU-1 Gummie for just $6 several years ago. I saw at least one other under $20 around that time. That one seemed to be headed for $100 before the recession hit.

The Buffy embossed B5-2 is hard to find and the Buffy Season 6 BE-CL has been a $60-75 card for years (actually a case card) but the Buffy Connections P-UKP, which used to be a $40 card can be found for around 5 bucks. I think I paid $8 for one a few years ago.

I know that one unreleased Serenity promo and that Godzilla standard-sized P1 is still expensive.

What would be the 10 toughest to find Inkworks promos these days?

Posts: 4387 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In my opinion at least the two hardest to get inkworks promo cards to get are not all the high value and rarer cards that we have listed
But are two cheaper promo cards
Shrek 3 S3-3
Supernatural 2 P-Uk
You hardly if ever see these two cards up for sale
Although a few years ago Promo king gave out a prize for something and the winner selected Supernatural 2UK for her prize
I have only seen these up for sale at least once and I brought both also I purchased two Supernatural-UK promos off ED during covid and lost them in the mail so over their 17 18 years of life I have only seen 3 for sale and only 1 Shrek
so I would say these are among the top 10 not in value but in availability

Posts: 761 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post