Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    1995 Fleer Ultra X Men Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1995 Fleer Ultra X Men Question
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I have seen packs of the cards with the Capcom video game logos on the backs and the Ebay sellers are calling them promo.packs. where were these available?

Posts: 4008 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
They were bound in "Uncanny X-Men" and related Marvel Comics during a certain month (possibly two months) in 1995.

I believe these packs were the only place you could get the Wolverine "Alternate X" card, although it wasn't found in every pack. I think some packs had two random base cards while others had 1 random base card and the Wolverine.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
PCE2008 lists the Wolverine "Alternate X" card (found 1 per 8 comics) and notes the others you could get in a pack (a Skeleton Warriors promo, an X-Men sweepstakes card and an X-Men Ultra '95 base card when you didn't get the Alternate X card).

Todd also listed the comics that had the packs:

Cable #20
Excalibur #86
Generation X #4
Uncanny X-Men #321
X-Factor #111
X-Men #41

Posts: 4395 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post