Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2 questions...
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted
so I seem to be search challenged today. I can't seem to find the information and I'm sure it's right in front of me. So here goes...

1) Has Kelly MacDonald ever signed for a trading card set? She has been in Alias, Harry Potter, Boardwalk Empire among others and was the voice of Merida on Brave

2) There used to be an autograph reference site that cross categorized where different signers have appeared. So it would list say all the sets that William Shatner signed for. Is that site still around? If so anyone have a link? I thought it was on the NSU homepage links but if it's that listing it's inactive/empty.

Thank you for the help everyone!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No, I don't think Kelly MacDonald has an autograph card. And the site you're referring to is the "Signature Base" on the NSU links but that site has been down for a few years. I don't think it exists anymore.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I don't believe I have ever heard of Kelly MacDonald's autograph being included in a card set. Boardwalk Empire would make a great title for some card manufacturer (hint, hint), but no luck so far.

Not sure where you can find that Shatner list, but its pretty easy to compile. His autograph would be listed in NSU for any Star Trek set. He signed stickers for at least a couple of Americana products, he did his own Tech War card and he was in that product about Canadian celebrities. I don't remenber the exact titles of the non-ST sets, but you get the idea. Big Grin

Check on eBay, there are always some available, although the prices are usually too high for me. Frown

Oh, if I misread that and you are just looking for an autograph cross referencing site, I don't think its around anymore either.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input!

Raven, you're right on the 2nd part. I was just using Shatner as an example for that signature base site. Bummer it's not around anymore!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
It's easy to do a Shatner set list. Just think of every set that has ever come out and there is probably a Shatner autograph in it. Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You can search by actor name and filter by autographs on TheCardMarket.com -- be sure you are searching checklists and not for sale, it will search all the sets in TCMs database.

There are over 400 sets checklisted at this point, so while not exhaustive there is a lot of data there.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
It's easy to do a Shatner set list. Just think of every set that has ever come out and there is probably a Shatner autograph in it. Big Grin

I know Wolfie! Shatner's pen NEVER runs out of ink. As long as the checks keep coming in with a few 0's at the end lol

Thank you Webjon!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
This is probably the site Jake was referring to in his first post.

Posts: 3252 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One appendix of The Encyclopedia of Non-Sport & Entertainment Trading Cards is an Autographers List. It is not as exhaustive as the Signature Base was, but it's a handy reference. Kelly didn't sign for any set that I know of.

The Signature Base was maintained by Florian Moeckel. The website said the following, so it might eventually return:

"Personal Note: Due to several circumstances I have temporarily disabled the functionality of the Signature Base. This is not a farewell but a rebirth. As soon as I can I will relaunch this site with new design and functionality.

"Drop me a line with your name and E-Mail to sigbase[at]st-cards.de (change [at] to @) if you want to be notified when the relaunch takes place."

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post