Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Skybox Mirror Mirror Cards on eBay

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/7997000806

August 06, 2011, 10:42 AM
Jaycadd
Skybox Mirror Mirror Cards on eBay
I am looking for any information on the seller vince53546 who has been selling the Mirror Mirror cards from the 19998 TOS 2 Skybox set. Looking at his feedback, he has been selling seven to ten a month for over a YEAR. As these are VERY rare cards, how does he have so many? This may have been discussed before but I couldn't find anywhere and apologize for the rehash! Thanks for any comments!
August 06, 2011, 05:36 PM
Freddy
quote:
Originally posted by Jaycadd:
I am looking for any information on the seller vince53546 who has been selling the Mirror Mirror cards from the 19998 TOS 2 Skybox set. Looking at his feedback, he has been selling seven to ten a month for over a YEAR. As these are VERY rare cards, how does he have so many? This may have been discussed before but I couldn't find anywhere and apologize for the rehash! Thanks for any comments!

I've had this auction in my "watch list" for a few days now. As of today Sat. Aug 6, 2011 it's at $405.00 with 6 bidders on it. Amazing to watch, either way.

August 06, 2011, 07:10 PM
william291077
Howdy,

I read your post and got interested in this seller and his auctions.

The seller has sold 66 cards since May 2010 but all individually as far as I can see, but there are quite a few multiple auction winners. Maybe you could search the buyers names and message them for an appraisal of the seller.

TTFN

August 06, 2011, 11:56 PM
webjon
Sadly sellers with large amounts of 'rare' cards aren't unusual. . . Not sure where they get the cards. . . but Skybox is out of business so who knows.

I remember one time *years* ago at Motor City Comic Con in Detroit a charity had a table full of sets of Judge Dredd Boing Boing and Black Death cards. These cards were something like 1 per case, and were impossible to find, but this one table had hundreds of 'em for like $1 a set.
August 07, 2011, 03:13 AM
Graham
I know dealers were supposed to send them out to case buyers (not sure if it was per case or multiples) but a UK dealer just kept the lot.
August 07, 2011, 07:15 AM
wolfie
Save me from cards that are supposed to be rare or exclusive or difficult to get or destroyed or never released.

The one thing i hate about this hobby is all the lies. Twak

August 07, 2011, 11:39 AM
STCardGeek
Not sure if it's the same person, but some dealers were approached by someone who reported having about 200 of them. It'd be a hard card to fake, that's for sure, so I'm sure they're real. It would single handedly tank the value of the cards... that many of a rare card batch sitting about.
I was a dealer at the time the product came out, I don't recall getting them as case incentives, but I didn't buy much back then Wink
It's not uncommon to print more then is needed in case of damages and what not. I think it makes me prefer hand numbered cards....it identifies the pack pulled lot so much easier.