Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Skybox Mirror Mirror Cards on eBay
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Skybox Mirror Mirror Cards on eBay
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
I am looking for any information on the seller vince53546 who has been selling the Mirror Mirror cards from the 19998 TOS 2 Skybox set. Looking at his feedback, he has been selling seven to ten a month for over a YEAR. As these are VERY rare cards, how does he have so many? This may have been discussed before but I couldn't find anywhere and apologize for the rehash! Thanks for any comments!

Posts: 4 | Location: Arizona | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaycadd:
I am looking for any information on the seller vince53546 who has been selling the Mirror Mirror cards from the 19998 TOS 2 Skybox set. Looking at his feedback, he has been selling seven to ten a month for over a YEAR. As these are VERY rare cards, how does he have so many? This may have been discussed before but I couldn't find anywhere and apologize for the rehash! Thanks for any comments!

I've had this auction in my "watch list" for a few days now. As of today Sat. Aug 6, 2011 it's at $405.00 with 6 bidders on it. Amazing to watch, either way.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

I read your post and got interested in this seller and his auctions.

The seller has sold 66 cards since May 2010 but all individually as far as I can see, but there are quite a few multiple auction winners. Maybe you could search the buyers names and message them for an appraisal of the seller.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sadly sellers with large amounts of 'rare' cards aren't unusual. . . Not sure where they get the cards. . . but Skybox is out of business so who knows.

I remember one time *years* ago at Motor City Comic Con in Detroit a charity had a table full of sets of Judge Dredd Boing Boing and Black Death cards. These cards were something like 1 per case, and were impossible to find, but this one table had hundreds of 'em for like $1 a set.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I know dealers were supposed to send them out to case buyers (not sure if it was per case or multiples) but a UK dealer just kept the lot.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Save me from cards that are supposed to be rare or exclusive or difficult to get or destroyed or never released.

The one thing i hate about this hobby is all the lies. Twak

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Not sure if it's the same person, but some dealers were approached by someone who reported having about 200 of them. It'd be a hard card to fake, that's for sure, so I'm sure they're real. It would single handedly tank the value of the cards... that many of a rare card batch sitting about.
I was a dealer at the time the product came out, I don't recall getting them as case incentives, but I didn't buy much back then Wink
It's not uncommon to print more then is needed in case of damages and what not. I think it makes me prefer hand numbered cards....it identifies the pack pulled lot so much easier.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post