Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    HP Deathly Hallows Winner Card Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HP Deathly Hallows Winner Card Question
 Login/Join

posted
I got a Winner Card for a Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (HP5) Printing Card Set. It came in a shrink wrapped box and I don't want to open it (hoping to sell it). I was wondering what exactly is a printing card set. I can't find any information on Jeff's site (he seems to have all the other 'winner' card prizes), nor have I found anything on the auction website. I've emailed Artbox twice now with no response. Was hoping one of you would know what a 'printing card set' was. Thanks so much for your time!

Posts: 15 | Location: Outside Chicago, IL | Registered: September 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Here you go, these sets were discussed on the Card Identification thread, page 16. There is even one shown.

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....53/m/6031058312/p/16

Even though you wish to sell this, you may still want to open it up first, to see what card the plates are for. Certain plates would be more valuable than others, namely the ones with the major characters on them.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, that one wasn't on Artbox' original list of Winner Card items. Guess it should be added.

It was on the list as a separate item associated with the OOTP main set, but I'm not absolutely sure whether it first showed up at 2007 or 2008 SDCC. I picked mine up in an auction after the 2008 event.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
And we got ours in a 2011 Goodie Bag. I don't think they sold well as the original price was around $200, if I'm not mistaken, so probably a big chunk of all that were made went out in those last goodie bags and as winner prizes from what now looks to be the last Artbox card set, Harry Potter DH2.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all very much! I'll open it up and see what card the plates are for. Appreciate the help!

Posts: 15 | Location: Outside Chicago, IL | Registered: September 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post