Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Silver Surfer All-Prism Misprints
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Silver Surfer All-Prism Misprints
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, everybody. New to the forum, hoping you guys might know something about some cards I've got. Misprint Silver Surfer All-Prisms from 1992 I believe. I've about a dozen of these misprints and can find no information, nor any similair cards on the net. All of the cards are upside down in relation to their rears, are cut improperly on the backside with some showing 2 different info panels while the fronts are lined up and cut properly. The most notable mistake is how they all have the wrong information on the back, even if their back is nearly cut properly/lined up. For instance, the card displaying The Hulk on the front provides information for the Mariner on the back. I have a complete normal set to compare them with and can upload pictures if need be. My description may be a little confusing but any info in regards to rarity/value or how desirable these cards may be to collectors would be appreciated as I am fairly new to the world of trading cards. Thanks.

Posts: 31 | Location: Canada | Registered: September 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
They are a novelty, not a true "error" card, simply some misprints. It happens with just about every set, printing/production errors are not uncommon. As for value, most collectors would have little interest in them, I would think.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies, I hadn't expected to hear anything so soon. And cheers, My fellow Canadian! It's too bad they're not worth a whole lot, but after scrolling through the links you provided I now know some people are interested in trading these misprints. As it turns out, I had gotten 2 different sets of error cards mixed up in my head. The errors are as follows;

Silver Surfer All-Prism: Backsides up-side down and slightly mis-cut with incorrect info on the back.
1992 Marvels: Mis-cut.

A couple pictures to follow as soon as I can upload them.

Posts: 31 | Location: Canada | Registered: September 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
I agree with Kennywood. There is a significant difference between a printers misprint and a subsequently corrected publishers error.The former type are a dime a dozen as printers are notorious for misprinting just about anything. Card backs get reversed from fronts (cf Creators Universe promo's) have blank backs where the sheet didn't go through the rollers (Dick Tracy by Dandy) or printed off-aligned (Munsters were a shocker for this)
However, where Lime Rock prints a Superstars Musicards with Madonnas surname mis-spelled and the card is reissued with a correction or Hollywood Walk Of Fame has incorrect information and spellings and replacement cards are issued then I do believe that they are very much collectable.

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was extremely informative. Thanks.

posted Hide Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
I can think of a couple of promo cards like this. One was a promo card for CSI where an old show logo was used.

This one had a bit of value as SI had to withdraw this card, so (I assume) not so many were about

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post