Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Automatic Payment of VAT (TAXES)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Automatic Payment of VAT (TAXES)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
A recent change has Surprised me greatly and making me seriously considering my future in collecting Trading Cards.

I recently purchased a card for around $35 on the U.S. site and when I went to pay for the item with shipping of around $14 also included in the automated payment process was the payment of U.K. import Duties (VAT) $14 which had to be paid at that time. So a $35 card was costing me around $63

I did not proceed with the payment and contacted the very reputable dealer who stated that due to recent losses from international sales this was the only method he would now send outside the U.K.

As I have made very large purchases from this dealer without any problems he stated I could request an invoice in 1 week and he would adjust invoice.

I understand that U.K. law states all import items over a value around £18 ($26) is subject to charge. This usually, is only incurred on larger purchases. If the future means paying all Taxes upfront even on small items it will totally kill the purchase of items from the U.S. site.

Has anyone else in the U.K. come up against this yet?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: treksearcher,

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Yep, here...
http://nonsportupdate.infopop....6067952/m/3107058826

I've totally missed that post Graham, I'll just comment in that post.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post