Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wacky Packages 2013
 Login/Join

posted
Just need a bit of help as far as variations. I am only interested in one card.

I just wanted to make sure this is a complete variation list, if not, please fill in the gaps:

regular
blue
red
silver
gold
ludlow commemorative black
ludlow commemorative red
cloth white
cloth black
plate (I assume 1 for each of the 4 colors)

Questions: Is there a black bordered like red, blue, gold, silver?

Is there an autographed card for all the cards in the set? Or only some of them?

Is there an image of a sketch for all the cards in the set?

Thanks,
David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David, I *think* your list is complete.

This is tough one, isn't it? Here's what I've observed, anyway, and I'm not sure if all of the Collector's Edition variations included Awful Apps and As Screamed. There are gold variations for the Lost Wackys, and who knows if printing plates were inserted for every card.

1: I think the "black-bordered like red, blue, gold, silver" just means the regular set. Originally I thought there were two solid-black-background variations, one cloth/canvas and one smooth, but I now think that this was an artifact of some scanners that made some look smooth.

2. They didn't say that there was an artist auto for every base card, but I've seen 50 of the 55 on eBay - all but 8-12-33-40-50. So I'll keep watching to see if the others turn up.

3. I doubt it, unless an artist took on a project to sketch one of each. My quick check only found about 22 of the base cards (and a few inserts) covered by a sketch.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Allender,

I appreciate your input and answers.

Yes, it is a hard set considering it isn't really one I am following.

Thanks again,
David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post