Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    2024 Dynamite Entertainment Transformers 40th Anniversary
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2024 Dynamite Entertainment Transformers 40th Anniversary
 Login/Join

posted

Press release here!!

2024 Dynamite Transformers 40th

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Always thought it would be cool to do a set centered around voice actor autographs. This is a card I made to get signed a couple months ago.

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Always thought it would be cool to do a set centered around voice actor autographs.

Might be too late for it. Voice actors are being squeezed out by the star turns that used to be rare but are now mandatory in any noteworthy production. Voice actors used to be able to have a decent career until the on-screen actors started to get offered big money to be the animated characters. Slumming in a Simpsonish TV show became a fun fad for some of them. Even video games are getting into the second tier celebrities.

Hardly anyone knows who voiced those old classic Disney characters, not even for the ones who sung memorable tunes. Now a days the Oscar winners line up holding their 6-inch plastic figures and their seven figure paychecks. Not bad for a few hours at a microphone. Wink

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I don't know about that. Going to cons for the last 12+ years it seems that voice actors are gaining in popularity. I was so happy to have a VIP pass when I met Frank Welker and Peter Cullen or I would have spent 2 hours in each line.

We have a pop culture con coming up next month and half of the 60 guests are voice actors. Many from shows and games that I know of....which means they need to be pretty popular for me to know about it. Big Grin

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
I don't know about that. Going to cons for the last 12+ years it seems that voice actors are gaining in popularity. I was so happy to have a VIP pass when I met Frank Welker and Peter Cullen or I would have spent 2 hours in each line.

We have a pop culture con coming up next month and half of the 60 guests are voice actors. Many from shows and games that I know of....which means they need to be pretty popular for me to know about it. Big Grin

I've noticed that there are soooo many voice actors at all the cons now (well, except the horror cons). Like a lot. So, I think they are gaining in popularity. I'm not big on anime or whatever they star in, but I am all for more exposure of other things! Very cool.

Posts: 1952 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I'll yield to you guys because I don't see a lot of animation stuff and I was never good enough for video games after Pac-Man. Big Grin I wouldn't know a pure voice actor if you gave me the name. However, the mass invasion of screen actors into what was previously only voice actor territory is true and has been going on for quite a long time.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I'll yield to you guys because I don't see a lot of animation stuff and I was never good enough for video games after Pac-Man. Big Grin I wouldn't know a pure voice actor if you gave me the name. However, the mass invasion of screen actors into what was previously only voice actor territory is true and has been going on for quite a long time.

Celebrities have been doing voice acting for decades. It's not a new thing. Burl Ives in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer comes to mind as a very early example. Transformers: The Movie, which is nearing on 40 years, has Leonard Nimoy, Judd Nelson, Robert Stack, Eric Idle and Orson Welles.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Celebrities have been doing voice acting for decades. It's not a new thing. Burl Ives in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer comes to mind as a very early example. Transformers: The Movie, which is nearing on 40 years, has Leonard Nimoy, Judd Nelson, Robert Stack, Eric Idle and Orson Welles.

Of course the voice actor world can pretty much apply to any transformer film/show....not just animated.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Greatest voice actor ever: Mel Blanc Smile

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post