Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Japanese SCREEN MAGAZINE Uncut Card sheet
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Japanese SCREEN MAGAZINE Uncut Card sheet
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted
I've had this magazine for a while, a thick Japanese movie magazine (wonderfully subtitled "Magazine For World TV and Movie Fans".)

Germaine to this board, it came with a set of 8 standard-sized celebrity cards in uncut sheet form as bonus. I've always hoped to find other issues to get more of these sheets with different stars. Here is the card sheet I have:

And below is the issue it came from. It has teenage Diane Lane on the cover and is very thick with lots of color pages, with mostly all of the type in Japanese. In addition to the card sheet, it came with a cool special edition Outsiders mini-mag filled with lots of full-page pictures of the young stars of the movie including Rob Lowe (who is unfortunately called "Lob Lowe" on his pinup page, I'm not making that up, it's either a misheard name or a typo). The magazine is already huge and I'm sure worth what it cost on its own, but the extra inserts make it a really fine package, especially the cards which boast a nice lineup including Phoebe Cates, Matt Dillon, Jackie Chan, Clint Eastwood (pre-chair), Brooke Shields, and Kristy MacNichol.

It's vintage early 1980's, printed in Japan, I'm almost certain, and definitely part of an ongoing series. Does anybody have any other issues from this series. If so, can I see your cards?

Posts: 3330 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post