Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    E.T lenticular prototype one of the rarest modern cards has surfaced
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

E.T lenticular prototype one of the rarest modern cards has surfaced
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted
I am not the seller but this E.T lenticular widevision prototype card has been listed on Ebay for sale. Legend has it that less than a handful made it out of the Topps Company after the set was cancelled and this is the first one I have seen for sale in over 10 years. item 190734842104

Posts: 1022 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
This has been up twice recently on a buy it now and nobody purchased it so the seller has just put it up as a straight auction.

It will be intresting to see what it goes for.

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I see most recently is was up for auction starting at $750. I wonder what it'll go for now.??

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It says on the bottom of the auction that it has a reserve of $500, so I guess that the seller won't take less ?

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I must have looked at that auction a dozen times and i never saw there was a reserve on it.

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
As Wolfie said this may be a re list. In that case this $500.00 is a carry over from possibly a prior reserve price style auction.

Posts: 1022 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This debuted Aug 7 at $1500. There were 2 offers, both declined. In Q & A seller states he wouldn't sell for less than $1000. It was item # 190710125939

Posts: 163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
I think we all know the seller don't we! He comes on this forum now and again. Smile

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
So if the auction is not set up with a reserve and it's only stated in the description, can the buyer leave negative feedback because the seller won't ship the card?

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:
So if the auction is not set up with a reserve and it's only stated in the description, can the buyer leave negative feedback because the seller won't ship the card?
Yes.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
There you have it, it ended at $510.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Did someone from here win?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:
There you have it, it ended at $510.

Its only worth what someone is prepared to pay!!

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Worth and value are two different things.