Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Surprise Find!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted
It has been a while since I've organized or looked at my cards. I've got a bunch that are all in a box and mixed up (in protectors, don't worry). Well, we brought in an organizer to assist us in making our house make more sense for us and helping to make it more disability friendly.

Anyway, I found a few Fringe season 1 boxes. I opened one and found..... A Megan Markle autograph LOL!!! I have no interest in her or keeping it, but I know that has become quite the pricey card lately. I just find it funny, because when the organizer handed me the box it was in (which was no where near where I've been keeping my cards) I made a joke about getting her auto card. When I saw that I just broke out laughing!!! (Also remember when her card was the worst one to pull?)

I know for sure there are more surprise finds in my future since I honestly can't remember much of what I've collected (thanks health issues...).

Has anyone else had any surprise finds before? Tell me your finds.

Posts: 1952 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Recently found two boxes of Star Wars Evolution Update that I never finished opening. I think it was because back in 2006 I pulled a James Earl Jones and then didn't care about the rest.

Pulled a Wayne Pygram as Tarkin and Jesse Jenson as Saesee Tiin.

This is my fifth address since then. Big Grin

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
If it were me, I'd sell that Markle as soon as I could. Just saying , , , Wink

No, I have no sealed boxes lying around. I haven't the willpower to leave them untouched, even when I buy them for special occasions. Nothing I ever come across goes up, only down. Big Grin

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very cool! Congratulations!

I can't really think of any surprise finds that I've had, although in a sort of similar vein. . .

Several years ago there was a sketch card set that was produced by Axebone. Meghan Hetrick had sketches and I really wanted to pull one of her cards -- In fact there was one card in particular I really liked.

It turned out she only did I think 3 or 5 sketches in the set so I resigned myself to not pulling any of her cards. . .

First pack, first sketch not only a Hetrick sketch, but the exact one I really wanted.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Do you think the Prince and Megan watch certain episodes of Suits? Razz

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Do you think the Prince and Megan watch certain episodes of Suits? Razz

No, they are too busy watching "Deal or No Deal" reruns and finetuning the concept for their new Netflix reality series, "Crown or No Crown, We're Just Folks". Big Grin

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The only surprise find I have ever pulled was many years ago. Reddlife released a Dark Zodiac set that included a handful of Nar! sketches. As my astrological Sun Sign is Pisces, I really wanted to pull his Pisces sketch. To my surprise and delight, I did find it amongst my sketch card pulls Smile It is arguably my favourite sketch card pull, though some Hanie Mohd sketches would give it a close run. However, I think it is a safe bet that it is the most valuable Big Grin

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
my biggest surprise find was Non Sport Update Magazine and this website. Until this happened i thought i was the only person in the world who collected cards and stickers as at the time i had no way of knowing otherwise.

How's that for a bit of crawling? Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't find too much that I haven't opened. Last year, I did discover a box of the first William Stout series (Comic Images, 1993) that had a bunch of unopened packs in it. I must've found the expected number of chromium chase cards and stopped opening. I finished opening the packs and didn't find any other chase cards but I took the opportunity to assemble a set in 9-card pages and put them in a generic binder (no official binder was made for the set). I still have to cut the box down into panels to decorate the binder.

The Wlilliam Stout set was one of the older ones before Comic Images added that 3-card subset (1-per-box) and a specially-printed autograph card to their sets. You just needed the 90-card base set, the 6 chromiums, the 6-card uncut sheet, and the promo (plus a sell sheet) to have a master set.

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post