Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Matchbox Cards
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted
I was just browsing through a dealers stock on the 'bay and saw four cards advertised from Matchbox. They didn't state that they were inserts promos or whatever but I've checked both Todd's book and Jeff's site but cannot find any reference to them. Anyone know anything about them? I didn't buy them (yet) so didn't bother taking a scan but I can do if necessary.

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They were issued in 1985 in the UK and a card could be found in the regular Matchbox 1-75 series of die cast cars.There are 75 in a set and a card was enclosed with each model. More often as not the card matched the die cast model but it was possible to find a different one. As the box was a 'window' box the card could be easily seen. Complete sets of the cards can be found here in the UK without the model cars. One of the regular UK dealers that advertises in NSU has a website and they have sets for sale. An album was also issued.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JOHN LEVITT,

Posts: 2121 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Thanks John. Ever helpful as usual. 1,000 posts too I see!! Congrats!!

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post