Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Most consecutive movie card sets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most consecutive movie card sets
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I just noticed that Tim Curry made 5 movies in a row that he appeared in card sets for: Home Alone 2, National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon, Three Musketeers, The Shadow, and Congo. Each movie was independent of the others, and he was a different character in each one. I don't think anyone else has done that (Shatner did 6 movies in a row that yielded card sets, but 5 of them were Star Trek, and Christopher Lee also did five, but doubled up as Saruman -- these don't seem as impressive to me.)

Posts: 2215 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
That's a pretty good find! And I know it doesn't count, but right within that same span of time, he appeared in the retrospective Comic Images "Rocky Horror" set, and several of the animated projects he provided voices for (Sonic, Ferngully, Dinosaurs, etc.) during that same period also received card sets, for good measure.

If anyone can even come close to appearing as 5 different characters in card sets from 5 consecutive movies, it would probably have to be from that same era, basically 1992-1995, when the myriad of manufacturers made sets for just about everything including the likes of such suspect properties (for card set viability, at least) as Home Alone 2, National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon, Three Musketeers, The Shadow, and Congo. Marvel and Star Wars notwithstanding, even the biggest blockbuster movies rarely get sets these days.

Posts: 3329 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Possibly can't beat Tim Curry for 5 consecutive appearances, but I know from collecting the certified autograph cards that there are a slew of UK actors that have shown up in numerous sets of TV and movie cards. I'm not well versed enough on them to know them all, but the casts of "The Saint", "The Prisoner", "Thunderbirds", "Space 1999", many "Doctor Whos", "The Avengers", "UFO", many "Hammers" and "Bonds", among others, had a revolving circle of actors. A lot more may have been pictured in the base sets without having an autograph card.

So if anyone can top Curry, I would guess one of our UK card collectors could find him or her. I know I kept pulling Shane Rimmer autographs from boxes when I didn't know him by name.

Posts: 10413 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Julian Glover is another one who has been around a lot in films and TV that had cards. And let's not forget about all those "Harry Potter" people.

I know its consecutive movie cards, but throwing in actors from all those old TV show card sets too really broadens the possibilities.

Posts: 10413 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
The Pebble and the Penguin came out before Congo unless you're not counting animated films.

I agree repeat characters should only be counted once. My problem is remembering all the card sets from the 90s....I had completely forgotten about the Three Musketeers set.

Posts: 4859 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post