Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Warlord of Mars Sketch Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warlord of Mars Sketch Cards
 Login/Join

posted
I have been trying to find out how many artists participated in Breygent's Warlord of Mars series. I get different lists from Jeff Allender's site and Trading Card Museum site. These are the artists of which I have not seen any examples: Mark Beer,Chris Caniano, Steven Ciancanelli, Amy Clark, David Day, Diana Greenhalgh, Robard Jason Mendoza, Bennett Pisek, Eli Rutten, Mark Slater, Louis Small Jr., Matthew Warlick
Please advise if you have any of these artists

Posts: 65 | Location: Wichita Falls, TX, USA | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
There's a thread over on Scoundrel that has a list of artists and previews of their cards (please note that the links next to each artists name no longer work after the forum had to be updated - you'll have to scroll through the thread til you find the artists you are looking for).

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
There's a thread here too, but the one on Scoundrel is easier to navigate - lot less pages.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you!

Posts: 65 | Location: Wichita Falls, TX, USA | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
No problem Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by woodeye:
I have been trying to find out how many artists participated in Breygent's Warlord of Mars series. I get different lists from Jeff Allender's site and Trading Card Museum site. These are the artists of which I have not seen any examples: Mark Beer,Chris Caniano, Steven Ciancanelli, Amy Clark, David Day, Diana Greenhalgh, Robard Jason Mendoza, Bennett Pisek, Eli Rutten, Mark Slater, Louis Small Jr., Matthew Warlick
Please advise if you have any of these artists

A challenge, right? It's an inexact art sometimes. Wink Lists from various places are often incomplete, and might include artists that only sketched one or two and haven't been seen. I generally do the sketch lists by compiling manufacturer and Scoundrel lists and noting when cards show up in box breaks or auctions. Often I find some that aren't on any other lists.

Warlord is tricky because some of the sketches were in Mystery Packs and some were in the Hobby release, and after the latter came out, the auctions didn't always specify. Some may be in future Mystery Packs. Here's a few I *have* seen from your list: Amy Clark (Hobby and Mystery), Mark Slater (Hobby), and Louis Small Jr. (Hobby). No sightings of the other artists you mentioned.

You'll often see a "*" by unsighted artists on my lists, which means it was reported to be in the set but I haven't seen evidence of one. (And of course I might have "seen" somebody if an auction or box break misidentified the artist.)

Sometimes artwork is on the planned list and doesn't make it into packs, and sometimes the cardmaker adds people to fill in the gaps

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post