Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    [IMPORTANT] The Future of the NSU Card Talk Forum
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
[IMPORTANT] The Future of the NSU Card Talk Forum
 Login/Join
 
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
23 years on this site, made some great friends through Card Talk/NSU and am grateful for that. The Hobby has changed a lot over these years and we shared the highs and lows. Thanks to Harris, Marlin & Roxanne for the highs.
 
Posts: 12302 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Been on the site since 2001 and have met many wonderful people. Besides the Tosers, the late Bill DeFranzo, Todd Jordan, Michael Beam, and Albert (Promoking) who I knew since the 1990s, I also chatted with the late Mike Tilford, Jess Duran, Wolfie, Dave Polis, Greg Geerts, Todd Riley, John Levitt, and many others.
 
Posts: 5165 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just wanted to say goodbye to everyone if this is it. I became a member in 2006, and have thoroughly enjoyed my time on the forum, especially the early years I was here when there was lot of traffic and information posted daily. I learned a lot back then and will look back at that time very fondly. It's sad the forum is ending but not unexpected. I remember there used to be another forum... nonsportcardsforum or something like that. I used to like that site too but that's been gone for many years. There was also a massive Harry Potter trading card forum and reference site that I loved that is long gone now also. And the scoundrel boards. The list goes on and on. So may similar forums have gone the way of the dodo years ago. Blowout and NSU Card Talk were the last ones left. So yeah, not unexpected and but still very sad. It was nice chatting with all of you and I appreciate all the opinions, insights, and information you provided over the years. Take care and so long everybody.
 
Posts: 2161 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you to everyone involved in this board, keeping it going all these years. I was a more recent join on here compared to most others posting (long time in hobby, recent to the forum). But even in my short time on here really let me appreciate the great side of this hobby which this board brought out, as well as the wealth of knowledge. It is nice to interact with actual collectors who are passionate about the hobby rather than just the new trend in nonsports on other forums and social media where it’s largely about investing, prices, and making a buck.

Glad to have met many of you for a brief time…I am also a longtime poster on Blowout and hope to continue discussions regarding the hobby there… the expertise of this forum would be welcomed there.

Farewell, all. And happy collecting in this awesome hobby of ours.

____________________
Marvel card collector 90s to present
 
Posts: 112 | Location: US | Registered: March 23, 2025Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for all the nice things that have been posted about the forum. I still don't know that the forum will cease to be after sometime tomorrow. There's been a bit of movement behind the scenes but I don't know if anything will come of it, so like others have posted here, I also want to say that I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts all of these years and being the forum admin.
 
Posts: 13055 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Are you lot still here?..havn't you got no homes to go to?...shoooo shooo be off with you all, i know i know leaving wolfie is terribly difficult but you must bring yourselves to do it.

25 years of wolfie is enough for anyone so i bid you all a fond farewell and trust you will go forward safe in the knowledge that i am out there somewhere, maybe just behind you.

Adios, goodbyeeeeeee

The world shall hear from me again.

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
 
Posts: 29159 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
also real quick-

Would anyone be up for a Facebook Group? Maybe something like "Refugees from Card Talk?"- or some other kind of name-

Val


I like that idea too.
 
Posts: 402 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
A Facebook group would work.

Thank you to the Tosersfor all you have done. This site has been great:
 
Posts: 981 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
This is a very sad news but I always believe miracle can happen!

Harris I have so much memories with NSU and finger cross and legs the site will not been shut down but if a group will be created on Facebook, count me in! We will be able to put faces on names!
 
Posts: 1227 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4  
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    [IMPORTANT] The Future of the NSU Card Talk Forum

© Non-Sport Update 2013