Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quality Binders?
 Login/Join

posted
I have recently started buying set binders for my cards, I have about 20 now.. two really stand out from the rest.. they are the Serenity binder and the Tomb Raider binder. Nice padded binders with excellent graphics.

I was wondering what other binders have that extra bit of quality like those two..

Posts: 162 | Location: UK | Registered: December 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Most of the Inkworks binders were padded. But some had a tendency to split apart at the seams, such as the Charmed Season One binder.

Posts: 2508 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
My favourite Binders are my Serenity and Firefly Binders too. And the Buffy Ultimate Collection Binder, I have 5 of them and use them for everything, I put my spares to trade in one, sets that I don't have Binders for in the others.
I love the look of the Inkworks Binders (I have 21 one of them all up) but they are notorious for splitting and I'm terrified of damaging them everytime I take them off the shelf.
I love the quality of the Rittenhouse Binders (only 2 so far) as they seem very sturdy and I like the D rings in them. I'm not so sure about the Breygent Tudors Binder though, I certainly wasn't expecting it to be made out of cardboard that's for sure. I'm terrified of handling that one as well, since I'm scared that if I bump the edges it will break the paper layer.

I have a couple of Inkworks Binders with splitting, only because I was silly enough to buy them off of ebay with out asking what condition they were in Twak
My Buffy Season 1 has a tiny split at the top, and I bought from a shop here in Australia on the bay the Complete Spike Collection Binder saying it was in mint brand new condition. But when I finally received it the whole bottom of the Binder was split, I contacted them and sent photos and they asked me to send it back to them.
I did, and the replacement one they sent had even more splitting. I sent emails and photos again, we both knew that it couldn't of happened being posted as they sent them in these huge boxes all wrapped up in bubble wrap.
I get the second one and it still had splitting, by this time I was ready to cry I'd had enough of the hassel. Well, I emailed them again and this time the man in charge emailed me back. He told me that the guy who was in charge of checking all the stock before it leaves the warehouse for defects had been away sick so the Binders were being sent out without anyone checking them.
This time he didn't ask me to send back the damaged one and just sent a new one and checked it himself to make sure there was nothing wrong with it.
So now I have 2 Spike Binders, one for my Spike Collection and a very badly split one that I'm just using for my spares at the moment since I can't come at throwing it out. Moral of my story, make sure you ask what condition the Binder is in Smile

Does anyone know of a way to fix the split Inworks Binders at all? I thinking about just trying to tape it up with duck tape just so the foam doesn't fall out completly Roll Eyes

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that, I only recently got my tomb Raider binder, I have been picking it up almost every time I walk past, now I am too afraid to touch it Shake Head

I guess the take away from the posts is, the Inkworks binders are the best but tend to break.. I was looking through cardaddicts pictures from a different thread "My collecting time" I think it was called, the inkworks binders definetly stand out from the rest..

I do like the new Vampirella one, although it stinks a bit..red emobossed leather (plastic?)

Wasn't impressed with the Planets on the Apes movie binder, no writing on the side, its just black plastic.. The LOTR binders are a bit plasticy as well. FPG binders are nice, smaller than regular sized binders but have a good look and feel.

Two others I like (more for what's in them) are the Complete Battlestar Galactica as it holds all my retro Galatica sets, and star trek 40th as it holds my entire TOS auto collection.. oh and Fathom has a anice binder.

Posts: 162 | Location: UK | Registered: December 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Just for your information, I handle my Inkworks binders all the time and the ONLY one that ever split was the CHARMED Season One. And fate was with me back then because I had accidentally ordered two of them. I was mad about it at the time but now I'm glad I did it since the 2nd binder never split and I think they are hard to find now.

Posts: 2508 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I've never actually damaged one myself, I'm just scared I might. Wink

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Most of the Inkworks binders were padded. But some had a tendency to split apart at the seams, such as the Charmed Season One binder.

Don't I know it Shake Head

I was lucky & picked one up in VCG/NM condition for £40 & within a few month the top part of the spine had split - never happened to any of the other binders I had - 'mortified' just doesn't say it...

-TC00.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Got a few RA binders - always been good, the inkworks binders were always nice. My Breygent binders (Dexter/Tudors) are also good. Not had a problem with any of them. My SI CSI binders are the worst that I have had as they seem to have given way in the middle.

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drofdarb:

I do like the new Vampirella one, although it stinks a bit..red emobossed leather (plastic?)

I'm glad you said that as mine is smelly as well.

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I love the look of the Inkworks binders the most, I have the Supernatural ones as well as X-Files Connections and Buffy 10th. Fortunately none of them have split and are in great condition. Only problem I had was stupidly storing one on it's side and the last pocked page went under the rings, leaving a dent in 3 of the cards. Luckily they weren't autos or costumes otherwise I would have been spewing.

I love the BSG binders as well from RA, they look great and I prefer the D rings as card pages don't get caught underneath them.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
and the best looking binder of all time is.........

Captain Scarlet by Cards Inc.

This binder is a work of art.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post