Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Cryptozoic Card Co. Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cryptozoic Card Co. Question
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
Just curious as to the cards put out by this company. Do they have high quality standards, good art etc.

Posts: 7 | Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: July 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Most people will tell you that they haven't had the best luck with whoever does their printing, and they've used multiple companies to do this. I would tend to agree with that assessment.

Art wise, they have only released two sets with sketch cards so far...Walking Dead, and Walking Dead Comic Series. As far as I can tell, the art on these have been really good for the most part...especially on The Walking Dead set.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
art seems to be good, auto lineups and costume cards good, collation very bad (dud boxes etc). the printing problems are both fuzziness and bad cutting. One of the issues about this, is that it suggests the quality control is also pretty lax because some of the problems would have been visible before packaging so where was the person who should have looked? Having said that, the customer service people do seem to have gone out of their way to try and make up for some of the problems.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the boards acckittr,

Whilst I thankfully have not encountered the above mentions problems (though I can vouch for those who have) I very much like the sets and quality put out by Cryptozoic - Who themselves admit to being 'newbies' on the card manufacutring front.

Not being a massive fan of sketch cards I can only say I've see/heard of really good artwork. (Though I think Breygent Marketing Ltd Co. have put out some of the best sketch sets in recent years if that's what you're after).

Always willing to hold their hands up when/if errors occur. Friendly and very helpful staff, you always know they won't give you/anyone the brush off at customer services.

If you haven't I recommend you pick up a base set or maybe even a few packs from the sets currently available(or a box though as @Chuck Bartowski said 'Duds' have happened) and see for yourself Smile

I reckon CZ will get the kinks worked out and will continue becoming a highly regarded manufacturer in the Non Sport hobby.

Hope you enjoy NSU Card Talk Wave

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
They also had sketch cards (and autos) in their Comic Book Legal Defense Fund set. For some reason that release slips under everyone's radar as their actual 1st release

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all who replied. I guess I will get ready made sets when it comes to this company.

Posts: 7 | Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: July 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post