Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What has been happening to my singles.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What has been happening to my singles.
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted
So, as the cost of living goes up and the number of boxes I buy goes down and the amount of space I have for my collection deminish; what do I do with my extra singles. I give them to my friend, Trey. Who that takes what he wants and gives them to his friend, Gary. Gary takes what he wants and if there is anything left gives them to a co-worker(I forgot his name--too far removed). Now if Trey buys a box his singles go =Me, gary, coworker. If Gary buys a box it goes coworker, trey, me.
I don't think the coworker has ever bought anything, if he has I have never been on the receiving end. So, it is a nice little flow to get ride of excess singles.

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have a lupine friend who gets all of mine Smile .

Posts: 2565 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine sit in the garage hoping they will be worth a fortune someday.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to have the same problem. . . I've been amassing commons and even sets for a very long time, and it's getting to the point that I am running out of space. . . I'm trying to figure out something to do with the commons, but I doubt anyone would want to pay to have them shipped to them and it's a hassle to drag them to a show to give away (where many probably wouldn't be taken anyway).

I could try to donate them somewhere, but lots of them are arguably not appropriate for kids. . .

You have a cool system going. . . unfortunately I don't have any local non-sport card collecting friends. . .

Jon

Posts: 5422 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
I have a lupine friend who gets all of mine Smile .

Wow! What a cool arrangement for your canine carnivore mate! Are you sure you wouldn't like an entomological one? (beatle fan? no? Oh well)

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
if anyones does have singles appropriate for children, please contact me. I use them for after-school programs & visits to children's hospitals. I also find that some residents in nursing homes or personalcare facilities enjoy them as well; especially those baased on older movies, TV, or comics. Both young & old enjoy the fantasy art.

Saddly so many of the newer sets have too much gore or near nudity for kids.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Two ideas that come to mind, Halloween, if you celebrate it then each kid gets a piece of candy and 4 or 5 age/gender appropriate cards.
Second idea, Decoupage...cigar boxes, that old ugly looking table, chairs...anything that you hate the look of decorate it with all those Creator's Universe cards you have lying around, the gold foil will look neato!

Posts: 5 | Location: Philly | Registered: November 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post