Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Nevermore Alice Out April and PreSale March 25
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nevermore Alice Out April and PreSale March 25
 Login/Join

Picture of Boo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Only a couple more days! Can't wait for my packs. . .

Jon
Likewise, but as I live in the UK I know I will have to wait for my packs to arrive. I don't realistically expect my packs to arrive on Thursday and with this coming weekend being Easter both Friday and Monday are Public Holidays, so no postal deliveries on those days. I hope mine will turn up some time next week. Should be worth the wait though Big Grin

Never fear folks
all packs are going in the mail on the official release date 5th of April but if it helps, the fact Marty and Boo's cards are run by Marty in the USA and Boo in the UK means i totally understand how agonising the wait is for things to come in the mail
I freak out when it's a bank holiday because i order my comic books online and they take longer to get to me haha

Posts: 95 | Location: England | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My packs arrived, and were a lot of fun -- thanks Marty and Boo!

Jon

Posts: 5422 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
My packs arrived, and were a lot of fun -- thanks Marty and Boo!

Jon
I'm having a problem getting to your review. This message keeps coming up:

"The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies."

Any thoughts ?

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think my host may be doing something as I am having periodic problems as well. . . ugh.

Jon

Posts: 5422 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like the issue with webjon is resolved now. Sorry about that. . . hopefully my host will let me know what the problem was.

Jon

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Your site is definitely back again Thumb Up

My sets have yet to arrive but by the sound of things it looks like Boo and Marty have taken a leaf out of Jack Redd's book with regard to packing. All of his ReddLife sets have shipped in small, thin envelopes like those you describe. It's an idea that will certainly work with sets like this where each pack only contains a handful of card but not so good for larger sets.

You've pulled some nice sketches. Any chance you can post them all up in the Box Break section fo rall to see, excluding any that breach the family friendly rules around here of course.

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Boo
posted Hide Post
Hello, great to see a review already

The Festive Edition was packed differently to the Main serise so we could see which people prefferd as these were our first two sets.

The Festive sets had the cards put togeather in a slim plastic sleeve with Cover Cards so you couldnt see the sketchcard you got, the Cover Cards had the name/details of which set it was, then this was put into a TopLoader, and that was slealed in a resealable plastic packet and a sticky label to create a thick bundle for every pack.

when we came to the larger main serise i wonderd if we had used too much plastic so we tried the cute Red Envelopes and stickers as a more ecological option which also allowed the price to be cheaper per pack.

We really wanted to see which form of packing customers prefferd as many who purchased this serise will also have gotten the Festive Edition Smile

so that was interesting reading folks

Posts: 95 | Location: England | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Boo
posted Hide Post
Also check out the website for a new announcement that collectors will find exciting www.nevermorealice.com

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Let's hope the packs don't take too long to arrive in the U.K. Elephant

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Well my 10 Packs arrived today - got a 10 card base set out of the packs and 10 sketches. Very nice sketches but only 4 featured Alice which I found disappointing as that was the main reason for me buying the cards - She features on 9 of the 10 base cards. All the sketches are good sketches but not of what I was hoping for!

Posts: 12160 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Boo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Well my 10 Packs arrived today - got a 10 card base set out of the packs and 10 sketches. Very nice sketches but only 4 featured Alice which I found disappointing as that was the main reason for me buying the cards - She features on 9 of the 10 base cards. All the sketches are good sketches but not of what I was hoping for!

hi Hammer, glad to hear you got your sets in the UK, packs were packed randomly and artists drew all the different Nevermore Alice characters as featured on the website, some folks have got a bunch of alices and others have got lots of the other characters so theres a good mix out there, so if you were personally wanting more Alice cards, i'm sure there are other folks who would trade with you Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got my packs today Dance .Kudos to Marty and Boo for getting them to the UK so quickly and more importantly without attracting the attention of customs Big Grin .

Will post pics once I have opened all the packs,probably tomorrow.

Would you be able to post a list of the artists who worked on the set and how many sketches each one did?

Posts: 2565 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice to hear people in the UK are receiving their packs. Mine have yet to show up but I'm sure they will be arriving sometime in the next few days, provided they also managed to slip under the Customs and Excise radar. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else has pulled.

I'd also be interested in seeing a list of how many sketches each artist produced. webjon included a partial breakdown on his blog review but the complete list would useful too.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Got my packs today Dance .Kudos to Marty and Boo for getting them to the UK so quickly and more importantly without attracting the attention of customs Big Grin .

Will post pics once I have opened all the packs,probably tomorrow.

Would you be able to post a list of the artists who worked on the set and how many sketches each one did?

There is a list of artists posted at Nevermorealice.com, (which was reprinted on webjon.com with my pulls), but I haven't seen a list of artist numbers anywhere -- I'd love to see that too.

Jon

Picture of Boo
posted Hide Post
Hi guys, i carnt wait to see which cards everyone got and that they are starting to hit the UK. One thing no one can ever control is how long packs take to travel internationally.

As Webjon said there is a full artist list on the website and i'm about to post contact details for Official NA Artists and their Commission prices for Nevermore Alice Artist Edition Cards but we are saving the full card count and other details for the Nevermore Alice Collectors guide which is in production.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I Have not received mine yet. Fingers crossed for Monday.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My cards have arrived Elephant I'll post up scans later today or possibly tomorrow, it depends on how long it take sto get through them all and other diversions Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Received my packs today.

Picture of Boo
posted Hide Post
I gave in and posted a rough card count guide for collectors on the www.nevermorealice.com website

but the full official count will still be in the guidebook Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Boo Thumb Up .I will definitely be buying the guidebook just to find out more of the story.

Really feel I got lucky to pull a Patrick Finch and a Rusty Gilligan when they only did five each.

Posts: 2565 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post