Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    .....yes but is it collectable??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.....yes but is it collectable??
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
How's this for authenticating a signed bust?

Which one are you? Big Grin

Very nice. Thumb Up

Posts: 10399 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
How's this for authenticating a signed bust?

Which one are you? Big Grin

Very nice. Thumb Up

I'm the pretty one. Wink

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
You are really small compared to the 3 others Wink Big Grin

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
I've been staring at those two women for hours now, but I'm damned if I can see which one's bust is signed Eek

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Authentication, or provenance to give its posh name Wink, can be a killer. I have a piece of artwork I drew back in 1976 that was signed by Elisabeth Sladen in person back in 2002. I cannot prove she signed it but I know it's authentic and wont be parting with it any time soon. Is it valuable or collectable ? To me highly collectable but I couldn't put a price on it:

On the other hand, I have a bronze sculpture of a creature created by Ray Harryhausen that he has autographed on the base. I have a photograph of Ray, myself and the statuette that proves the authenticity...sort of. As the picture doesn't show him actually signing the statue, I cannot prove the autograph is authentic but I can prove the two were together.

As with many things, only I know the true value and facts. Other people just have to trust me.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:

As with many things, only I know the true value and facts. Other people just have to trust me.

So true, and that is all that really matters. I'm envious that you got to meet Ray. So many outstanding people are now gone. Frown

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm envious that you got to meet Ray. So many outstanding people are now gone. Frown
Have a look at my other post in the General Entertainment Discussion section. Ray is still going strong at 92 Smile

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post