Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Star Wars Shop Cards 2005-2007
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Shop Cards 2005-2007
 Login/Join

Picture of nebraska
posted
Hello everybody!

Does anyone know what the number of cards that was produced for the last four of this set?

2005 -2007 Set of 10 Star Wars Shop Promo Trading Cards:

#1 limited to 5000 - Wedge Antillies - A Born Survivor from Wedge Antillies figure
#2 -- 5000 - R2-D2 - Full of Surprises free with any order Sep. 06
#3 -- 1000 - Han Solo - Quite a Mercenary from Han Solo T-shirt
#4 -- 3000 - Greedo vs. Han Solo - Who Shot First? Original Trilogy on DVD
#5 -- 1000 - AT-AT Walker - A Thundering Terror from AT-AT T-Shirt
#6 -- 1000 - Boba Fett - Battle at the Sarlacc pit free with any order Feb. 07
#7 -- ? - TIE Fighter Pilot - Imperial Space Superiority
#8 --? - Kit Fisto - Nautolan Jedi Master
#9 --? - Boba Fett - Both Sides of the Law
#10 - ? - Shadow Stormtrooper - The Empire's Hidden Forces - packed with Shadowtrooper figure

Thanks for any help! Anyone have an idea what the value of the complete set would be? I can't find any price guide that shows the information.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nebraska,

Posts: 62 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA | Registered: September 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have them all. Unfortunately, I don't know what items the last 4 came with.

I am still looking for a set of the 11 Star Wars Shop Holiday cards that Topps did in 2008. Back in 2009, a few sets sold on ebay for $ 350 or so. This past Jan, I saw a partial set (missing only card #1) go for a mere $ 75 on ebay. What a steal ! I keep searching, but you don't even see singles of these 11 cards anywhere for sale. Frown

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I've got 2 cards with the star wars shop logo on.

Star Wars Heritage P2

Revenge of the Sith P3

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
I thought I read somewhere they were all out of 1000 as well. That would be a neat set to pick up. Does anyone have a complete set available to purchase?

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
From the Star Wars shop cards listed above, the #7 Card (Tie Fighter Pilot) was definitely packed with the Gentle Giant Star Wars Classic TIE FIGHTER PILOT Mini Bust. It was inside the package, so there are likely as many of those cards as there were busts made. It was a limited edition bust but I'm not sure the final number was announced.
Card #8 Kit Fisto was very likely issued the same way in the Kit Fisto Mini Bust and ditto for Card #9 in the Boba Fett mini bust as these two were issued around the same time as the Tie Fighter Pilot bust.
These three busts, and thus their cards, retail at around $30 and I believe can still be had for that or less with a little luck and looking, the Fett may be tougher given the popularity of the character. If buying these for the cards, it would be a good idea to have the seller open the top flap to confirm the cards are still present. These items aren't shrinkwrapped so it can be easily done.

The Star Wars Holiday Special set (and the Heritage and ROTS Promos also mentioned) were bonuses usually distributed one per online order during specially designated times or with a particular item. During the time of the Holiday Special cards, I remember buying the cheapest things they had in separate orders so as to acquire as many of the Holiday Special cards as I could. I bought several Star Wars and Family Guy Star Wars slightly out of date wall calendars and mini desk calendars at reduced prices, with the shipping usually more than the cost of the calendar. (You know who was the best person in the world that year to ask what date it was? Me.)
Well, despite the multiple purchases, I didn't come close to a Holiday set although I did get a rare #2 card. Of course, one was also made to play packaging roulette with the shipping department as the cards were usually just laid on top of the item in the box with nothing to protect the card or even hold it still. There is no doubt a decent portion of the cards issued have at least slight shipping damage on them. In the future, true Mint copies of these cards will be at a premium.

Other objects I bought from Star Wars Shop for the sole purpose of getting a card included some glow in the dark wall stickers, a couple of action figures, and best of all, one of those very Tie Fighter Mini busts from above, complete with the Tie Fighter Card. (There was a 2nd promo card included in the package with the bust, as I recall. I'll see if I can find it).

Anyway, these purchases averaged out to about $15 each, so getting the Tie Fighter bust at clearance was a real bargain since I got the Tie Fighter Shop Card, a random Holiday Special card, and never mind that the bust itself had dazzling detail, perhaps even more impressive when considering it's small size. (it was called a "Mini" Classic after all).

There was a bit of the "chase" in the Holiday cards as they were issued in varying quantities with #1 being the most limited, at less than one thousand made. But even the more common ones are more scarce than probably 95% of all other Topps Star Wars cards before or since.

I really like them. The Nelvananimation Studios art from the much loved cartoon portion of the otherwise lambasted Holiday special looks great on cards. For the very few who may not know, several of the cards feature Boba Fett from what was his first appearance, as he appeared in the cartoon well before Empire was released in theaters.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3326 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nebraska
posted Hide Post
Thank you chesspieceface; that refreshed my memory. The Star Wars Shop card is different that what was packed inside with the mini bust. The mini bust did come packaged with cards but the Star Wars Shop collectors card was laying in the packing box as was all Star Wars Shop cards.

Posts: 62 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA | Registered: September 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nebraska
posted Hide Post

Picture of nebraska
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
the black background mini bust cards are the COA's (certificate of authenticity) - those COA's are what I collect - I buy the busts - sell them off and keep the COA's, the other cards that were placed in the mini bust box were the star wars shop cards - 10 in toto, as for the Star Wars Holiday ones - when they were first released the random shipping of cards was not random - 11 purchases - 11 #9's , I am sure after many complaints that changed and after probably more than 100 purchases by me - I was able to complete 4 sets, with of course many extras that I put up for sale on a regular infrequent basis on ebay - I stil get reasonable $$$ for all but the #9 card, with #1, #2 and #3 getting a premium

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
pretty sure I do have an extra Holiday set!!!!!

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sherlock, please email me about the Holiday cards

mistermycroft@msn.com

David

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
David R - email me at weebeecards@yahoo.com - thank you

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just sent you an email. I have been told that sometimes it goes into people's junk mail, so please check there if you didn't get anything

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sherlock, please email me

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone know how to reach Sherlock, aside from by email ?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
A set of 10 of the Star Wars Shop cards just sold for $500 (on Best Offer) on Ebay, so wowzer, this seems to be a valuable set!

Looks like I'll have to be content with the 2 or 3 singles that I have.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3326 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow ! About 2 years ago, I saw a few sets of the 11 holiday cards sell on ebay in the $ 350-375 range

A few months ago, an incomplete set of the 11(missing card #1 only) sold on ebay for a mere $75. I should have grabbed it, as a few weeks later a single card #1 appeared on ebay.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Wow ! About 2 years ago, I saw a few sets of the 11 holiday cards sell on ebay in the $ 350-375 range

A few months ago, an incomplete set of the 11(missing card #1 only) sold on ebay for a mere $75. I should have grabbed it, as a few weeks later a single card #1 appeared on ebay.

Yes you should have as I have an additional #1 Smile Ironically its the only one I have. Just couldn't get my hand on the others.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Two holiday singles sold on ebay the other day for around $ 25 each

You really don't see any of the 11 holiday cards pop up anymore. Aside from the ones I mentioned, I rarely see any show up for auction. Back in 2008 / early 2009 when they first came out, there were a bunch of singles for sale on ebay, but not anymore

Picture of nebraska
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
A set of 10 of the Star Wars Shop cards just sold for $500 (on Best Offer) on Ebay, so wowzer, this seems to be a valuable set!

Looks like I'll have to be content with the 2 or 3 singles that I have.

That was my set. I had it listed at $600.00 with a bunch of watchers. I thought about riding it out but 500 was a good price. I'm going to put some other star wars rarities up pretty soon.