Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    A new Outer Limits set next year?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A new Outer Limits set next year?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
2013 will be the show's 50th Anniversary. Does Rittenhouse still have the license?

Do they need artwork? (hint hint!) Wave

Posts: 1571 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Excellent idea! I love classic sci-fi programs and would jump on a new Outer Limits set! Big Grin

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
3 years ago Steve was asked on RA's forum about the chances of another set and here's his quote:

"Sadly I don't see this happening. There just isn't enough demand to warrant more cards. I wish it were otherwise. I personally really like the show, and enjoyed making the first series of cards."

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
3 years ago Steve was asked on RA's forum about the chances of another set and here's his quote:

"Sadly I don't see this happening. There just isn't enough demand to warrant more cards. I wish it were otherwise. I personally really like the show, and enjoyed making the first series of cards."

Perhaps a 50th Anniversary could change that? Big Grin

3 years ago RA wasn't making sets like they do now with the Green Hornet and Brady Bunch. Perhaps there's room somewhere to honor this amazing show again.

Posts: 1571 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
I would love to see a new Outer Limits set. I fear that many of the actors from that great series are no longer with us. However, the sketch suggestion would be perfect. I don’t know how well it would sell, but I would definitely buy it, along with as many of the sketches as I could afford.

The only problem I see is Rittenhouse’s reluctance to allow artists to do character likenesses. To me, that is a major limitation and the main reason Rittenhouse lags behind the other card companies.

Posts: 84 | Location: USA | Registered: September 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by madcollector:
The only problem I see is Rittenhouse’s reluctance to allow artists to do character likenesses. To me, that is a major limitation and the main reason Rittenhouse lags behind the other card companies.

I have no inside information, but I think the repeat-a-sketch was more of a requirement from the licensor than from Rittenhouse. I know Paramount didn't want to allow just any sketch to be made of Star Trek.

But you are right in the last few years sketches have evolved and now it's not unusual to get sketches that actually do resemble the actors.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Beyond sketches, I think doing artwork for the base set, or even a subset, would be cool. I don't think they've done artwork in any form in the previous Outer Limits sets.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:

Considering sealed boxes of this are like gold dust.plus the fact that a few of the autos(Shatner and Nimoy) are hard to come by and they are 100's each.means this set did very well!master sets also never come up for sale??

What has a card set gotta do????

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by simpsonscardman:
Considering sealed boxes of this are like gold dust.plus the fact that a few of the autos(Shatner and Nimoy) are hard to come by and they are 100's each.means this set did very well!master sets also never come up for sale??

I bought a master set for $325 shortly after the cards were released, and that price included the binder. It was the best trading card purchase I ever made.

Posts: 84 | Location: USA | Registered: September 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by madcollector:
quote:
Originally posted by simpsonscardman:

I bought a master set for $325 shortly after the cards were released, and that price in Icluded the binder. It was the best trading card purchase I ever made.

That's am awsome price.must be worth 3 times that.well done.the best deal I ever done was when the fellowship of the ring first came out.got a master set for £300.I sold it a few months later for £2000.I bought one again about 6 months ago for £600.its cracking set.my fave cards.not one dud auto in that beauty Big Grin

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post