Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    2024 Fleer Retro Looney Tunes!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2024 Fleer Retro Looney Tunes!
 Login/Join

posted
2024 Fleer Retro Looney Tunes

Well, this one was out of left field! Looking forward to seeing the whole checklist.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BeckettBible24,

Posts: 276 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
From the upcoming newsletter...

quote:
Upper Deck is giving Bugs and friends the Retro treatment with lots of fancy inserts straight out of the 90’s. Included in this is PMG’s, Jambalaya, and Platinum Portraits. Add to the mix super rare autographs and sketches and you have a treasure hunt of Looney Proportions. Here is the info we have at this point:

100 Card Base Set
Serial Numbered Parallels
Inserts (1 Metal Universe and 1 other Insert Per Pack)
• Metal Universe
o With Precious Metal Gems Parallels
• Fleer Ultra
• Skybox Premium
• E-X
• Merry Melodies
• Z-Force cards
• Golden Touch
• Rave Review
• Jambalaya
• Thrill Seekers
• Quick Strike
• Star Power Supreme
• Suspended Animation
• Platinum Portraits
• And probably even more!
Sketch Cards
Voice Actor Autographs
Printing Plates

Configuration: 6 Cards Per Pack / 12 Packs Per Box / 12 Boxes Per Case

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5083 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was kind of interested when I saw the headline.

I could definitely be interested in some Looney Tunes sketches.

The the first thing I noticed was a Bugs Bunny PMG, and I closed the page and walked away.

Still might chase some sketches.

I'm not sure what it is -- just repulsion because the set is aimed at sports card guys, or boredom because this just seems to be UD's standard set design now or what.

I'm sure some fans will like this.

Posts: 5421 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is interesting to me too but is there still a large enough market for cards featuring 70-year old cartoons? Some people know Looney Tunes only from "Space Jam." I wonder if some sports card dealers are starting to forget about Michael Jordan. Some basketball fans don't recognize Dr. J when he's on TV now and they didn't know who "Pistol" Pete Maravich was when Caitlin Clark beat his college record.

Posts: 4408 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post