Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    1995 Marvel Masterpieces Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1995 Marvel Masterpieces Question
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
What were the "Multi Foil E Motion" parallels ? First I've heard of these. I don't recall anything like that back in 1995. Anyone ?

Posts: 4720 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Parallel version of the base card set on thicker stock with the gold foil signature of the artist on each card plus a word embossed into the card describing the hero depicted. I don't have one in front of me, but if it were a card of the Hulk, the embossed "E-Motion" word might be "RAGE" or "SMASH".
They were one per pack, so you'd need multiple boxes to make a set, and they are valuable now, probably a few hundred bucks for a parallel set of the 150 (or so) Emotion cards since a common 1995 base set is worth around $50, last time I checked.

I believe MM95 this was the only non-sport set to ever use them, but Skybox used them on several sports cards sets around this same time, and they originated on those first, as I recall, and in those sets, the Emotion version of the sports card wasn't a parallel, it was used on all of the regular base cards, so they were pretty expensive packs for the time. They are good looking cards, lots of foil, thick stock, and extra high gloss.

Posts: 3329 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post