Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legit or Not Legit?
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted
Ebay # 280775608734

Posts: 29006 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:

Is what they say legit, probably.

Would I buy a base card that someone glued a piece onto and it looks like sh!t, no way.

I wouldn't be surprised if they cut some of the extra fabric that you may not see to make these cards and still re-sold the costume in its entirety.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:

Legit in the fact they they probably did use the authentic costumes to make these. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they did the same as the Dorothy dress from Wizard of Oz and used pieced of the inside seams since the 'swatches' are awfully small.

Now, I'm not a lawyer. I don't know the legality of taking a licensed item, modifying, and reselling it. I didn't see any Rittenhouse cards in their stuff. Maybe they feel since Inkworks isn't around any more nobody will care.

I agree with ifish73. They look like garbage and would have almost zero resale value down the road.

Ed

BTW: On the plus side, does not appear that people are buying into these. They aren't getting the crazy bids that the Twilight homemade cards are bringing.

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5085 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I regard "homemade" items like this as novelty only and I personally have no interest in them. I also think that if they are sucessfully sold it creates a market for others to follow, which just means that more such cheaply produced items will be peddled on the secondary market.

However I could see where they might have some appeal to a hard core collector of whatever. As long as the buyer understands that the card was modified after it was manufactured, and is in that sense both unlicensed and damaged, its an individual decision, provided that the price is low and no one is talked into believing that they have a rare and valuable heirloom.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10435 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post