Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Star Trek Strange New Worlds
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek Strange New Worlds
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Rittenhouse posted the set checklist and there's a twist on the promo list...

6 Promo Cards

P1 -- General Distribution
P1 Gold -- Philly Fall 2023 NonSport Show
P2 -- NSU Magazine or Show
P2 Gold -- Philly Fall 2023 NonSport Show
P3 -- Album Exclusive
P3 Gold -- Archive Box Exclusive

Posts: 1358 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Archive box only ? Wow, that is nuts. I think a dealer needs to buy 18 to 20 cases to get 1 archive box

Posts: 4018 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Archive box only ? Wow, that is nuts. I think a dealer needs to buy 18 to 20 cases to get 1 archive box

In the case of SNW, it was 12 cases.
But, it's sold out so you can't get any more now.

Problem I see with this is 90% of archive boxes go towards making master sets because of the exclusives. Very rarely do you see one parted out. Though I have seen a few group breaks, so that might free up a few.

Completing sets has gotten MUCH more challenging these days.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5084 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have seen scans.

Are the only differences between the gold and regular promos the little gold lines on the front ?

Posts: 4018 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think the gold line is the only difference between the promos...

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A gold P3 sold for $ 200 on ebay. I have only seen one surface so far.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There is one up for auction now for $ 400.00

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
There is one up for auction now for $ 400.00

words fail me. Shake Head

Posts: 29004 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If it is an Archive Box exclusive, doesn't that usually mean that less than 50 exist ?

Posts: 4721 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
If it is an Archive Box exclusive, doesn't that usually mean that less than 50 exist ?

No, it means that there is one in each archive box. How many exist is anybody's guess.

Posts: 29004 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is this a new thing which RA will be doing, gold variants on promos ? Why have they decided to do this now ? I don't recall any prior RA promo variants aside from the ones they did 20 years ago where they changed the photos/text and most if not all were unreleased or recalled. This is something new.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw a gold P3 sell for as low as $ 50 on ebay.

Have only seen 5 show up so far.

The others sold for $ 100-200 each.