Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps NYCC Promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I've seen (but do not have) from the NYCC, a new Mars Attacks 9 card set (looks to be different from the San Diego set)

Wacky Packages "Old Skull", and 2 different promo postcards, all with the NYCC logo on them

Posts: 4720 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if these items were being sold by Topps at the show ? Looking at the auctions, it seems like the 2 postcards and the Mars Attacks 9 card set may have been SOLD by Topps Vault, not given out for free

Therefore, although they advertise cards, arguably they are not true promos !

Posts: 4720 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Mars Attacks 9 card set was being sold at their booth for $10 a set. I didn't see anything about postcard promo's. The Old Skull was the only promo card I got from them for free. Thanks topps. They had a really nice looking booth.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Looking at the auctions, I think that the Wacky Packages postcards were also sold at the show, like they've done in the past

One says "Wacky Halloween 2012 Postcards" and shows candy on the front

One says "Wacky Packages Comics #2, The Wacky Wizard of Odds."

I think the latter is #ed out of 300

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Topps made a special Wacky Package comic book with art by Joe Simko numbered to 300 for New York Comic Con. Topps was also selling Wacky Halloween 2012 Postcards.

The 9-card set was not exclusive to NYCC. I asked so I'm sure of it. It is the San Diego 9-card set with a paper band on it which refered to NYCC but the cards are the ones remaining from SDCC. They were selling these.

The Old Skull promo was made especially for NYCC. There is a very similar one being given away this coming weekend at our show. The only difference is that ours has our show logo on it vs. the NYCC with the NYCC logo on it. There was supposed to be a P1 and P2 on these but the designer forget to include them. I was told production numbers though I don't know if it's public knowledge so I won't say them. The Philly Show version is more limited then the NYCC one but neither one was made in large quantity. In fact, their both really low.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post