Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Picard 2&3 Promo P1 Available
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picard 2&3 Promo P1 Available
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted
RA has the Picard 3&4 P1 promo offer available.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10450 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see that there will be a P4 which is only in the incentive/archive box. This is the third Rittenhouse set in a row in which they have done this, after the last Star Trek and Game of Thrones. But those 2 were foil variants. This one is an entirely different card. Good luck finding a P4. It will likely be $ 100 on ebay

Posts: 4013 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
I see that there will be a P4 which is only in the incentive/archive box. This is the third Rittenhouse set in a row in which they have done this, after the last Star Trek and Game of Thrones. But those 2 were foil variants. This one is an entirely different card. Good luck finding a P4. It will likely be $ 100 on ebay

I was looking for an excuse to stop collecting - these things make it so much easier to stop

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, this new thing with the RA incentive box promos is really discouraging.

On the Game of Thrones, I think I have only seen 4 of the red foil variants show up on ebay since the set was released in early December. Supposedly 75 made.

I believe that a dealer had to order 12 cases to get 1 incentive box.

Posts: 4013 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse, more than most, seem to have forgotten what the P stands for with these cards. Just as a reminder, it's PROMOTIONAL! How does the P4 promote the set? It's insertion into an Archive box already indicates that the buyer does indeed know about the product, therefore promoting nothing.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Once card collectors began chasing promos a long time ago, either in conjunction with the set or just for the promo cards themselves, they became their own product. All the exclusive promos and tie-in promotions that emerged later on should have been the death knell to this, but it wasn't. People kept buying them for increasing prices, when the whole point was that a promo card was supposed to be free advertisement. Big Grin

RA is upping the ante with exclusive promos in incentive boxes. As long as people are willing to bid them up, RA is smart for doing it. The way to stop it is simple, but few really want to stop it. Wink

I got it when people could build a Master Set and needed the promos. Now that's pretty much impossible on new product with the mainstream titles, so I don't get it, unless promos go back to being free, which they won't as long as there is a good buyers' market for them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10413 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:

Rittenhouse, more than most, seem to have forgotten what the P stands for

Profit, not for Rittenhouse as they will sell out the product anyway, these promos are for the dealers to get back some of the massive investment they have to make to buy the product.
There have been releases where the dealers have made more money from these promos than they have off the actual release but this is good as it gives them the money to buy the next release and there does seem to be no end to the buyers who will buy the promo cards no matter how much they cost.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's sort of like a few years back with that hard to find Outlander promo from the NYC event.

I forget what the card was numbered, possibly P8 ? So a collector has P1 to P7 and P9 and P10, and they make P8 very difficult to get.

And then they tell you that "you don't have to have it", as you end up staring at a gaping hole in your collection.

Maybe it's just me. Smile

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
It's sort of like a few years back with that hard to find Outlander promo from the NYC event.

I forget what the card was numbered, possibly P8 ? So a collector has P1 to P7 and P9 and P10, and they make P8 very difficult to get.

And then they tell you that "you don't have to have it", as you end up staring at a gaping hole in your collection.

Maybe it's just me. Smile

That's me too It was the P10 - Really stopped collecting Crypto promos after that. I can live with the foil variants as they don't leave a hole but $100 + for a promo, that's the end of my RA promo collecting - especially as this is a set I'm purchasing. I'd given up on master or mini-master sets along time ago and now the promo crumb of comfort has gone

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:

Rittenhouse, more than most, seem to have forgotten what the P stands for

Profit, not for Rittenhouse as they will sell out the product anyway, these promos are for the dealers to get back some of the massive investment they have to make to buy the product.
There have been releases where the dealers have made more money from these promos than they have off the actual release but this is good as it gives them the money to buy the next release and there does seem to be no end to the buyers who will buy the promo cards no matter how much they cost.

These are really dealer incentive cards

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like the set is delayed until early April. Let's see how many P4s show up then.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A P4 promo numbered 64/75 sold this week on ebay for $ 75.00. The Seller used the wrong image in his auction.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
About a half dozen P4 promos have appeared so far on ebay. One just sold for $ 95.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Another P4, # 45/75 sold for $ 138.00

Posts: 4720 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I remember that in the early days of promotional cards, some were marked 'not for sale' however that did not stop dealers charging for them, some dealers would give you a mixed bunch of cards if you purchased any product from them. A lot of promo cards these days form part of the door entry to shows or are specially produced for a show.

regards

John

Posts: 2122 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Interesting that about 15 auctions have appeared so far for the new P4 promos.

Alot more than the red foil variants on the GOT set back in December, and the prior Star Trek set last fall.

Are there more Incentive Boxes for this one ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A P4 sold today for $147. Numbered 3/75