Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Oct/Nov 2023 Issue Out
 Login/Join
 
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted
Came home to find the new October/November 2023 NSU in my mailbox. Seems early, but good. Vampire teeth on the cover for Halloween. Watched "What We Do in the Shadows" only twice and didn't take to it. Maybe I should try again?

Three promos with this one. I got "Maitland's Monsters" P1 from RRParks, "Dragon's Lair" from Cardsmiths that also reads as Beckett Promo Card BP-7, and "What We Do in the Shadows" P3 from Cryptozoic.
 
Posts: 10528 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does this issue have random, multiple promos like the last one did ?

You may remember that the last one had Cardsmith promos BP1 to BP6 (only 1 per NSU). If this one has BP7, are there more ?

What about the Crypto P3 promo ? P1 was at the Philly show. Where is P2 ?
 
Posts: 4085 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
None of this is guaranteed, but these are my best guesses re: WWDITS promos.

P1 Nandor -- Philly Non Sports Show

P2 Laszlo -- 300 cards total at The National

P3 Nadja -- NSU

P4 Guillermo -- 1500 cards total at Oct Philly Non Spots Show

P5 Colin --unannounced, but likely a Black Friday incentive.

____________________
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

@Sketchcards on Twitter
 
Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There was a P2 at the National show ? This has been confirmed ?
 
Posts: 4085 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
There was a P2 at the National show ? This has been confirmed ?


Nope, not confirmed. Just rumors.

____________________
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

@Sketchcards on Twitter
 
Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Will ask Keith at the Philly Show.

____________________
"The problem, I'm told, is more than medical."
 
Posts: 5796 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Got my issue today - nice! Lots of monsters!
I got the same promos as Raven. The Dragon's Lair is nice with lots of foil.
Alan Biegel's editorial about being a monster kid hit home, and I think this reflects in my Top Ten article this time. I had all the Aurora Monster models and read Famous Monsters of Filmland all the time, and I turned out okay, right?
 
Posts: 2923 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
I had all the Aurora Monster models . . .


So did I. I can remember as a kid gluing and painting Creature, Mummy, Dracula, Werewolf, Frankenstein. They were awesome. The original custom models can go for quite a bit now and I have no idea what happened to mine. Must have wound up in the trash, but I wonder when and why? Nobody to ask. Frown
 
Posts: 10528 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I know exactly what happened to mine. When we moved out of our home in 1972, I left them all behind on a shelf in the basement. Wonder what the new owner did with them. They were painted pretty nice, my hobby is painting miniature figures, would like to have another crack at that Dracula...
 
Posts: 2923 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I always wanted to get that Aurora Prehistoric Scenes "Jungle" kit even though the animals were from at least two different geologic time periods. I saw some of the other kits at local hobby stores and they had a picture of that kit as being available but it was never at a local store.
 
Posts: 4513 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
This was a fun issue to work on. I made sure I got pricing for a lot of horror and monster sets updated and included in the price guide. Also, threw together a Universal Monster Hot List according to recent sales. Halloween is always a fun time of year!
 
Posts: 282 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post



NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I noticed the older monster stuff in the price guide and the Hot List. A nice touch to go with the theme of the magazine.
 
Posts: 2923 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
There was a P2 at the National show ? This has been confirmed ?


Nope, not confirmed. Just rumors.


Confirmed, P2 was given out at the National in July. No comment on quantities.

And Crypto will not be at the Philly Show, confirmed that as well since they were not on the exhibitor list. They hope to return in May with news of new licenses, there just wasn't enough to promote this show to make the expense and time worthwhile.

Ed

____________________
Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

 
Posts: 5101 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived in the UK today
 
Posts: 12179 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I expect my copy may well have arrived in the UK however my local Royal Mail delivery office have changed their delivery patterns which may well apply country wide. According to my local delivery person the Royal Mail have decided country wide to increase each delivery round by up to a maximum of 33% without increasing the staff to deliver it and that Saturday deliveries will be stopped and weekday deliveries changed to every other day. Judging by the mail delivery pattern in the last 3-4 weeks my local delivery office have already begun to adopt this practice. My local delivery people do their best to get people their mail every day but their bosses seem to be against them doing that. Locally it appears that they are not even allowed to work overtime to clear any backlog that occurs, in addition their office is only open 2 hours per week day for the householder to collect any mail they cannot deliver if they cannot arrange re-delivery online. It puts "Customer Service" or lack of it up to a new level. I know that the problem country wide is getting worse as some of the UK magazine manufacturers have started to print on their envelopes a request to deliver the item urgently due to it being time sensitive. This new practice is likely to apply to the regional sorting offices as well.

John

____________________
 
Posts: 2136 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
I expect my copy may well have arrived in the UK however my local Royal Mail delivery office have changed their delivery patterns which may well apply country wide. According to my local delivery person the Royal Mail have decided country wide to increase each delivery round by up to a maximum of 33% without increasing the staff to deliver it and that Saturday deliveries will be stopped and weekday deliveries changed to every other day. Judging by the mail delivery pattern in the last 3-4 weeks my local delivery office have already begun to adopt this practice. My local delivery people do their best to get people their mail every day but their bosses seem to be against them doing that. Locally it appears that they are not even allowed to work overtime to clear any backlog that occurs, in addition their office is only open 2 hours per week day for the householder to collect any mail they cannot deliver if they cannot arrange re-delivery online. It puts "Customer Service" or lack of it up to a new level. I know that the problem country wide is getting worse as some of the UK magazine manufacturers have started to print on their envelopes a request to deliver the item urgently due to it being time sensitive. This new practice is likely to apply to the regional sorting offices as well.

John


My Understanding was that Royal Mail were seeking permission to alter their charter to stop Saturday deliveries. Certainly the collection office hours have shortened since the pandemic although they do automatically redeliver the next day here. Royal Mail are certainly struggling financially at the moment.
 
Posts: 12179 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

My Understanding was that Royal Mail were seeking permission to alter their charter to stop Saturday deliveries. Certainly the collection office hours have shortened since the pandemic although they do automatically redeliver the next day here. Royal Mail are certainly struggling financially at the moment.


In the past my local delivery office were known to be a militant bunch so perhaps they are reminding their local public that they are still around.

____________________
 
Posts: 2136 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received my copy this morning along with three promo cards exactly as pictured on the front cover.

____________________
 
Posts: 2136 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got it at a local B&N yesterday. Another great issue. I like the monster stuff too. However, I'm surprised no one is commenting on Roxanne selling her collection through Hakes. That's huge. I wasted no time requesting a catalog.

Chevy Chase wants a lot for his autograph cards. The artwork makes him look more like Charles Grodin.
 
Posts: 4513 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
However, I'm surprised no one is commenting on Roxanne selling her collection through Hakes. That's huge. I wasted no time requesting a catalog.


I noticed it, I'm sure that is an impressive collection of vintage cards. I always get a little depressed when I hear of dedicated card collectors letting go, because I know how much time and effort and happiness went into amassing those collections. However there does come a time for everything, and I hope the Toser family does very well by way of the auction route. Smile
 
Posts: 10528 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 


© Non-Sport Update 2013