Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jun/Jul Issue in the house!
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's the Historic Autographs Nikola Tesla promo:

Posts: 4391 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder why they include the Dummy Hoy promo as part of the Civil War set when he was a baseball player in the late 19th Century, 30 years after the war ended.

Posts: 4717 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I wonder why they include the Dummy Hoy promo as part of the Civil War set when he was a baseball player in the late 19th Century, 30 years after the war ended.

David

My guess would be fear of being involved with a baseball licence infringement with whichever company that holds the licence for whichever team he played for. Using a image of him from the Civil War would surely have got around any potential problem and of course makes it more historic.

Anyway for what its worth that is my guess.

regards

John

Posts: 2120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
My LCS still hasn’t received the issue, but picked up on at B&N last week. I enjoyed the Marvel-centric issue, but I’m somewhat of a Marvel “mark” so any Marvel trading card news is basically good for me. That “mark” reference would probably would have worked better if it was about wrestling cards. Probably should have used “Marvel Zombie” instead Smile

Speaking of wrestling cards, wouldn’t mind seeing a little from the squared circle Wink

The promos in my issue were:

Ancient Egypt - P1
Bob Ross - BP-5
Gilded Age Claude Monet - 50

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
My LCS finally received the NSU on Wednesday

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On the Historic Autographs promos, I have seen an Al Capone which is # 14 and John Sullivan (early 20th Century boxer) that is # 117.

John, you can update your list. Smile

Posts: 4006 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
My issue contained the Ancient Egypt promo card, the unnumbered Nikola Tesla Gilded Age promo card and BP-1 Street Fighter featuring Ibuki.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I went back to B&N yesterday. It sold out of this issue. I had thought there was a chance the next issue would be there - but no.

Since B&N changed its rewards program to extract more money from its customers (charging $40/yr instaed of $25/year), I no longer get a discount on magazines so I will be paying full price. I would be losing money paying the $40 since I buy mostly just NSU (6 times/year) and the occasional gift there. As it was, I might have been barely breaking even paying $25/yr.

Posts: 4391 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jess

Would it not be far easier to just get a subscription?

regards

John

Posts: 2120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi John,

It's certainly cheaper to subscribe and I might even get it faster, but if I can find a magazine locally, I don't bother subscribing. I also don't have to worry about my copy getting beat-up in the mail.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Jess

Would it not be far easier to just get a subscription?

regards

John

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jess

Getting a subscription also means that you don't miss a copy if the local store has run out.

regards

John

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have seen 2 more of the Historic Auto promos:

# 34- Benjamin Franklin

Edgar Allan Poe

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommy C,

Posts: 4006 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone have the Winston Churchill promo that they'd be willing to part with ? If so, kindly post here

Posts: 4717 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post