This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/656602453/m/1857054007

June 14, 2023, 12:59 PM
catskilleagle
Jun/Jul Issue in the house!
Here's the Historic Autographs Nikola Tesla promo:

June 14, 2023, 01:55 PM
David R
I wonder why they include the Dummy Hoy promo as part of the Civil War set when he was a baseball player in the late 19th Century, 30 years after the war ended.
June 16, 2023, 11:38 AM
JOHN LEVITT
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I wonder why they include the Dummy Hoy promo as part of the Civil War set when he was a baseball player in the late 19th Century, 30 years after the war ended.

David

My guess would be fear of being involved with a baseball licence infringement with whichever company that holds the licence for whichever team he played for. Using a image of him from the Civil War would surely have got around any potential problem and of course makes it more historic.

Anyway for what its worth that is my guess.

regards

John

June 18, 2023, 03:53 PM
Heroes For Hire
My LCS still hasn’t received the issue, but picked up on at B&N last week. I enjoyed the Marvel-centric issue, but I’m somewhat of a Marvel “mark” so any Marvel trading card news is basically good for me. That “mark” reference would probably would have worked better if it was about wrestling cards. Probably should have used “Marvel Zombie” instead Smile

Speaking of wrestling cards, wouldn’t mind seeing a little from the squared circle Wink

The promos in my issue were:

Ancient Egypt - P1
Bob Ross - BP-5
Gilded Age Claude Monet - 50
June 25, 2023, 09:04 PM
Heroes For Hire
My LCS finally received the NSU on Wednesday
July 06, 2023, 02:14 PM
Tommy C
On the Historic Autographs promos, I have seen an Al Capone which is # 14 and John Sullivan (early 20th Century boxer) that is # 117.

John, you can update your list. Smile
July 17, 2023, 06:59 PM
Curler
My issue contained the Ancient Egypt promo card, the unnumbered Nikola Tesla Gilded Age promo card and BP-1 Street Fighter featuring Ibuki.
July 20, 2023, 02:59 AM
catskilleagle
I went back to B&N yesterday. It sold out of this issue. I had thought there was a chance the next issue would be there - but no.

Since B&N changed its rewards program to extract more money from its customers (charging $40/yr instaed of $25/year), I no longer get a discount on magazines so I will be paying full price. I would be losing money paying the $40 since I buy mostly just NSU (6 times/year) and the occasional gift there. As it was, I might have been barely breaking even paying $25/yr.
July 20, 2023, 02:28 PM
JOHN LEVITT
Jess

Would it not be far easier to just get a subscription?

regards

John

July 20, 2023, 06:02 PM
catskilleagle
Hi John,

It's certainly cheaper to subscribe and I might even get it faster, but if I can find a magazine locally, I don't bother subscribing. I also don't have to worry about my copy getting beat-up in the mail.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Jess

Would it not be far easier to just get a subscription?

regards

John

July 21, 2023, 02:46 AM
JOHN LEVITT
Jess

Getting a subscription also means that you don't miss a copy if the local store has run out.

regards

John

July 21, 2023, 02:52 PM
Tommy C
Have seen 2 more of the Historic Auto promos:

# 34- Benjamin Franklin

Edgar Allan Poe

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommy C,
July 23, 2023, 11:32 AM
David R
Anyone have the Winston Churchill promo that they'd be willing to part with ? If so, kindly post here