Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 6 & 7
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 6 & 7
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
Chicago Non-Sport Card Show Fall 2023

October 6th: 2PM to 8PM
October 7th: 9AM to 3PM

Holiday Inn and Suites
150 S Gary Avenue
Carol Stream, IL
www.nonsportcardshows.com

Artist Guest is J Lynn Warner, illustrator and sketch card artist.

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5084 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
HELP WANTED

Our usual Friday volunteer has family plans and cannot man the front table on October 6th.

Anyone interested in stepping up and helping?
Hours Friday are 3PM to 8PM

Posts: 5084 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
If you need me, you have me!!!!!

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2036 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
First Promos Revealed!

These are the Chicago Show Promo Series P27 and P28, featuring art from creative guest J Lynn Warner (he has a theme going here...).

1 Per Person Per Day at the door in the promo pack. Also available from the artist for signing!

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Another promo announcement!

Our friends at Faerie Metal are also involved in a comic: Eule's Vision.

They have kindly supported the show with this 2023 P2 Promo featuring art by Chand Heinrich.

You know the drill... 1 Per Person Per Day in the admission pack at entry.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Yep, another promo.

This one by SciFi Cards. P80a in their ongoing series of promo cards.

1 Per Person Per Day in the admission pack.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
If you want something specific NOW is the time to ask. Space is limited.
Wave

Posts: 4230 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Another promo (maybe the last), it's another Eule's Vision promo card with art by Rhiannon Owens

This is their 2023 Series P3.
Exclusive to SciFi Cards, and now the Chicago Show. I decided to have it in the admission package so everyone will get one without having to ask!

SciFi Cards Logo on back, not the show.

1 Per Person, Per Day at the door.
Additional cards available at the SciFi Cards table.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Let's talk Food!

Everyone's got to eat sometime, how about after the show on Friday with a great group of like minded individuals?

We all informally meet up after the show on Friday at the hotel's bar and restaurant, Burger Theory.

They have a great burger menu, plus appetizers and other options. There's a full bar with local beers.

Nothing formal or special. We just kind of take over the place for a couple of hours on Friday.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
You've got another week of having to watch my posts about the show.

We're 2 weeks away.

Friday Door prize:

Hobby Box of LOKI Season 1 trading cards by Upper Deck.

Drawing is at 7:30ish PM, you must be present to win. One entry at admission per person.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Feel like I'm talking to myself...

Roll Call! Who's going to make it to the show?

Question: Any boxes you're looking for at the show? It will be time to load up soon, and if anyone has any requests, now is the time!

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I just have to wish i was there. Frown

Well done on everything you are doing, you deserve to have it well supported. Clap

Posts: 29003 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Hey Ed! I'll be there just on Saturday. Looks like Strange New Worlds isn't going to be ready, but I still need the last 2 Unstoppable Avengers sets. Also a box of Ultra Pro 9 card sheets.

Wolfie, there's still time to make the show if you start walking now.

Posts: 2914 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Hey Ed! I'll be there just on Saturday. Looks like Strange New Worlds isn't going to be ready, but I still need the last 2 Unstoppable Avengers sets. Also a box of Ultra Pro 9 card sheets.

Don,

Hopefully the new Avengers Platinum 5 will arrive in time. It's on it's way to me now. Really want to have these and the Hammer sets at the shows.

And I'll make sure to load the supply tub this trip. Supplies are easier to find now, but they haven't got any cheaper. sigh...

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Unfortunately the elastic doesn't stretch that far.

Posts: 2122 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Feel like I'm talking to myself...

Roll Call! Who's going to make it to the show?

Question: Any boxes you're looking for at the show? It will be time to load up soon, and if anyone has any requests, now is the time!

I shall be there both days. I'm looking for anything Stanger Things season 4. Can't wait to see you all there.

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2036 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Current dealer list, still have one table open...

Fall 2023 Exhibitors
No show is complete without a variety of Exhibitors. We are always looking for new dealers and artists to join us. Here's the list of expected exhibitors.

SciFi Cards
SciFi Cards will have an amazing selection of sealed product: new, old, and eclectic. They will also have a wide variety of single cards, Pokémon, and NSU Price Guides. This will be Ed's final show in Chicago, so stop by and say HI for one last time.

K&J Non-Sport Cards
Specializing in sketch and autograph cards, K&J also carries new releases from boxes to single cards

Looky Here
Bill will be there with new and old releases as well as action figures, collectibles and HeroClix game figures.

Dalton's Cards
Look for new wax boxes, single cards including UFC and WWE and so much more. Come check out Dalton's selection on Friday, as he'll only be with us for the 1 day this time.

Dave Hartmann
Not just cards here. Dave will have an eclectic mix of cards and other collectibles. Be sure to check out his table.

The Dorkatorium
Look for a variety of modern non-sports singles and sets specializing in Star Wars and wrestling with some 80's and 90's sprinkled in. Be sure to check out this new dealer's table!

xVADER Cards
100's of Vintage singles, graded singles, complete & near sets, wax packs and wrappers.
Modern sealed boxes, packs, autos, relics, sketches, inserts and base sets.
Looking for something specific? Email pre-show x4741@hotmail.com.

The Lost Empires
You never know what Bryan is going to bring. New cards, older cards, hard to find collectibles all show up on his table. Bring your lists and check out this show's selection.

Willie Shabas Cards
Look for vintage and near-vintage cards at this new dealer's table. Featuring Wacky Packages and Garbage Pail Kids along with cards from the 1960's to the 1980's.

Dell Heyn Trading Cards
Over 50,000 non-sport singles for .10 each including movies, TV, politics, etc. Dust off those want lists and spend some time with this new dealer finishing off those sets.

Flea Circus
Look for vintage and near vintage cards along with a mix of toys and collectibles. You might find anything at this table.

Mike Owen
Mike will have an eclectic mix of cards and other collectibles. Be sure to check out this new dealer's table.

Carl's Cards
Lots of singles and sets to be had at Carl's table. Something different every time.

Iggy's Cards and Comics
Featuring Sets, Inserts, Sketches, Garbage Pail Kids, Funko Pops and a selection of collectible comics. Bring your Want Lists!

Ken Predovic's Cards
Lots of singles and sets to be had at Ken's table.
Bring your want lists and support this NEW Dealer!

Crush Collectibles
Come check out this new to-the-show dealer. Crush will have non-sports sets, singles, and a few boxes. But that's not all! Also look for a selection of action figures and Funko Pops. Be sure to welcome them to the show!

Stephen's 90's Marvel Cards
90’s marvel cards complete sets and singles with chase sets and singles. Will also have 90’s promo cards and promotional items.

Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation
Paul is back in the house and promoting awareness of the Treasure Chest Foundation. Learn all about their noble purpose and help support their never-ending cause. Paul will have many different ways to support the Foundation available at his table.
​You may also bring toy donations to the Show!

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

well i've been walking for days now and find myself lost in the middle of nowhere, that Don Norton has a lot to answer for. Elephant

Posts: 29003 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hippiejewel:
I shall be there both days. I'm looking for anything Stanger Things season 4. Can't wait to see you all there.
Jewel Big Grin [/b]
[/QUOTE]

Hey Jewel...I've got some Stranger Things 4 I can bring along.
Are you looking for anything in particular?

Greg

Posts: 1358 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Geerts:
quote:
Originally posted by hippiejewel:
Jewel Big Grin [/b]

Hey Jewel...I've got some Stranger Things 4 I can bring along.
Are you looking for anything in particular?

Greg[/QUOTE]

Whatever you bring, I would love to see. Thx.

Jewel Big Grin