Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 6 & 7
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 6 & 7
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
We're running down to the wire on this one...

5FINITY has produced a promo for the upcoming Dejah Thoris set. Features the show logo and date, so I hope we receive them in time. This is literally going to be a ship to the hotel and hope they make it situation. But I wanted to share the beautiful card in hopes that we do have them available.

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5084 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Break-A-Card Pack Weekend!

to Help Children with Cancer

Friday, Oct. 6th & Saturday, Oct. 7th at the

Chicago Non-Sports Card Show

All Original Art
All Signed by the Artist
All numbered, limited to 100 Chests only ( a Total of 5000 one of a kind Cards)

Ways to participate in this project:

1) Purchase a complete Treasure Chest of Art treasure chest at less than $ 8.00 per card. $395.00 per chest. A collection of 50 pieces of Art in a Limited Edition Hard Wood Chest.
2) Purchase a Mini-Master pack of 3 pieces of Art $ 35.00 per pack.
3) Purchase Single Card pack of 1 piece of Art $ 15.00 per card or 2 cards for $ 25.00.

All cards in this promotion are sold as a blind purchase

Hourly Pack Breaks Highlighted throughout the show

100 % Benefits the Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation
www.treasurechest.org

Sales are Open to the Public and All Exhibitors & Guests

Accepting Toy, Trading Card & Monetary Donations

Sincere Thanks on behalf of the Foundation and the children that they serve.
Paul

Questions on this project or the Foundation ? cecexpo@gmail.com

Posts: 5084 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
We're running down to the wire on this one...

5FINITY has produced a promo for the upcoming Dejah Thoris set. Features the show logo and date, so I hope we receive them in time. This is literally going to be a ship to the hotel and hope they make it situation. But I wanted to share the beautiful card in hopes that we do have them available.

Update! Shipping to the hotel and scheduled to arrive in time for the show! Thanks 5FINITY!

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
you lucky people, i do hope you are going along to support this. Thumb Up

Posts: 29003 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Have a great show

Posts: 12160 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Have a great show

It's Ed's last hurrah!!!!

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2036 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
I don't come here much anymore but I went to the show on Friday and purchased a single pack from Paul's Break-A-Card Pack project and he asked if anyone would share what they pulled. This is the card I got. It is by Chris Foreman but have not idea of the character.

Was nice to see the old friends again and a shout out to hippiejewel being at the front table and understanding about me not taking a ticket for the door prize.
Also, a shout out to Ed as not seeing you at a show anymore just will not be the same and I'll miss you my friend. I'll have to converse with you via e-mail like Webjon and I have been.

And xtime I promise I'll get a list your way.

Posts: 856 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
The Fall 2023 show is over, but will not be soon forgotten. It was great to see the old gang, Bill, Brian, Iggy, Carl, Bob, Julie, David, and Paul, and all the others. The people make this show a first class show.
The big thing was this was Ed Webb's last Chicago show, and next weekend will be his last Philly show. David Hartman made a close to 30 card limited set about Ed, including 9 cards with Ed's face super-imposed on famous characters such as Thanos and Frankensteins Monster. In the Promo pack at the door were 3 unannounced Ed Webb caricatures by different artists. It was a nice salute to one of the hobby's most respected dealers, and it was hard to say goodby to him.
I also got to chat with NSU writer Scott Thomas, who will be going to the Philly show next weekend.
Picked up some nice stuff, in the way of old cards, I bought some Trek '76 from xvader cards.
Got 2 sketches from Paul Mailero and they were quite nice.
Thanks to Ed and Kevin for organizing the show, looking forward to the next one in May.

Posts: 2914 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
It was a great show. Thanks to Ed. For the goodies at dinner.

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2036 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post