Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baltimore Con Con
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
I know it's a comic book show but is anyone here going to Baltimore Comic-Con next weekend? I'm going with Batman and I know WandringRebel will be there plus some other artists who have done trading card work like Adam Hughes and Allison Sohn, Bernie Wrightson, Joe Jusko, Joe Linsner, and many others will be setting up. I am not sure what dealers will be there but I am pretty sure TBear will be set up. Maybe Derek too.

Anyone here going?

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I know Derek, TBear and Zeno's Books will all be setup. Some of the sketch card artists who'll be there (and weren't already mentioned) include: Uko Smith, John Watkins-Chow, Jerry "The Franchize" Gaylord, Peng-Peng, Bill Meiggs, Josh C Lyman, and Rihannon Owens.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to go but I was just at the Baltimore convention center two weeks ago for Otakon(anime convention)! But I here that Stan Lee is going to be there! Thumb Up

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes I will be there (along with Wayne/Tony and Ted). I am with my friend again this year so won't be under my own name. Look for Terrys Comics on the floorplan and you will find me there!

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Cool! I'm looking for Captain America boxes if anyone will be bringing them to the show. Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will have a few Cap boxes so stop on by. I did sell out of the Avengers/Kree boxes out in WW Chicago along with Thor so won't have time to restock on those in time for this show.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Cool! See on Saturday, thanks! Wavey

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Had a great time at the show today, saw a bunch of nice folks, it really went by quickly. Hooked up with Cverdec and Big Kitty and had a great time in Fells Point at Max's and the ice cream wasn't bad either! Harris will be blogging with photos so I won't go into any detail but it's a show worth going to with many popular sketch artists and card dealers were in attendance as well, and we did find a fair amount of promo cards! Thumb Up

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

I really enjoyed Baltimore Comic-Con yesterday as well. My show report and photo gallery is up here:

Baltimore Comic-Con Show Report

It was fun hanging out with Batman all day and seeing Sheri and Chris for dinner last night. Between what Bob posted above and my report, I think that pretty much says most of it. It was cool to see Sean Pence at the show too. I didn't post about it in the report since he was there just to hang out.

Also, we visited at least three tables where a Garbage Pail Kids fan with his own sketch card had got there before us and had the artist working on Garbage Pail Kids related sketches. Pretty neat. Anyone who know who the collector is?

Here are a couple of more pictures:

Sheri and Chris (i.e. "Big Kitty" and "cverdec")

I'm taller then Rhi's hair!!! (when I stand on a chair, anyway). Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Here are a few of the more interesting promos we picked up. We actually got a lot more but some were like stickers or were cards we have gotten before (we each picked up 6 different Planet of the Apes cards from Blam! Studios)but these are all standard type promo cards. The first one with the great Boba Fett art was available from Laura Inglis promoting her upcoming show appearances, a promo for "Teddy and the Yeti", which was promoting an 18 card set along with some other items, and
a promo from artist Bill McKay, which was fun as on the back there was a sketch done by Bill. A decent day of picking up promos!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Batman,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure who the collector was with the GPK Fans sketch cards but I did one for him as well. I'll post a scan of the card I did later. I know he mentioned the group has a website.

It was defintely the most crowded I've ever seen it. It was great to see Harris, Batman, Cverdec and Big Kitty. I was next to fellow sketch card artist Edward Cherminga which was a treat. He's a really nice guy and he does great artwork, I can't wait to see his Betty Page cards.

Aside for quick bathroom breaks I didn't get a chance to leave the table and visit anyone. I also spent my head down drawing for most of the weekend so it's great to see photos of some of the cool costumes I missed out out. I just want to know why there are no photos of Harris with a funny hat on - there was an entire table full of them at the show. Smile

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
I just want to know why there are no photos of Harris with a funny hat on - there was an entire table full of them at the show. Smile

I had forgot that you told us about those. We never did see these. Had Biegel been there and we passed them by, you can bet there would have been a picture of me wearing one of them...I just wouldn't have posted it. Red Face I've had my fill of laughs at my expense over funny headgear. Who can forget ear-muff-gate of 2007? Big Grin

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
. Who can forget ear-muff-gate of 2007? Big Grin

What for ear-muff-gate 2011 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
. Who can forget ear-muff-gate of 2007? Big Grin

What for ear-muff-gate 2011 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not gonna happen. Big Grin Eek

NSU Editor-in-Chief
Picture of A_Biegel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Had Biegel been there and we passed them by, you can bet there would have been a picture of me wearing one of them

I knew I should have been there! Mad

~Alan

Posts: 189 | Location: Bayonne, NJ USA | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A_Biegel:
quote:
Had Biegel been there and we passed them by, you can bet there would have been a picture of me wearing one of them

I knew I should have been there! Mad

~Alan

You definitely should have been there. Look at the variety that Harris would have been able to model Smile