Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    From the creators of the Baltimore Non-Sports Card Convention...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

From the creators of the Baltimore Non-Sports Card Convention...
 Login/Join

posted
A message from the creators of the Baltimore Non-Sports Card Convention:

Greetings, Everyone!

A couple of years have passed since our premier debut of the Baltimore Non-Sports Card Convention, which was held on March 21, 2010.

Since then, we have received numerous emails and phone calls from both collectors and dealers, asking us "when is the next show?"

We even received one phone call as recent as two weeks ago!

The good news... we will be returning in March 2013, and have integrated a lot of new changes for the upcoming convention, such as including additional categories of memorabilia and collectibles.

This new and improved convention will feature a variety of pop culture merchandise, such as DVDs, posters, books, magazines, autographs, comics, photos, artwork, jewelry, t-shirts, toys, games, pins, buttons, lunchboxes, advertising items, CDs, vinyl albums & singles (33s, 45s, 78s), and of course, lots of trading cards!

These new additions are necessary to support an annual convention; but we promise to deliver just as many quality non-sports dealers as before (if not more).

Another change is the location of the convention...

Since we (USA Theatres) are based in Hershey, Pennsylvania, we thought it made perfect sense to host the next convention in Hershey.

Hershey is a great geographic location to host an event... It is conveniently located to most major metropolitan areas in the Northeast, and can easily attract pop culture enthusiasts from Washington D.C., Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, and of course, Pennsylvania.

Other improvements include the dates of the convention (a two day show as opposed to one)... The decision to hold a two day event was mainly due to several requests from dealers (especially the ones who will be traveling a great distance)... So we listened.

Another super addition will include media guests from music, television and movies!

Although it is early, we anticipate 75 vendor spaces to be utilized.

From the King of Rock and Roll to the King of Pop, from Star Trek to Star Wars, through Beatlemania and Batmania, Pac-Mania and Hulkamania, the American Music & Pop Culture Expo will appeal to all age groups.

Hopefully, I've covered everything, but please check back periodically, as I will be announcing updates from time to time.

You may also visit the conventions page of our website, for the most current show information, www.usatheatres.com/conventions

It's going to be another brisk and fantastic show!

Best regards,

Ron (NonSportsCard)

Ronald M. Vastola
Outreach Coordinator
USA Theatres
P.O. Box 43
Hershey, PA 17033
PH: 717.542.0567
Email: usatheatres@yahoo.com

Posts: 16 | Location: Hershey, PA 17033 | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The following exhibitors have been confirmed (so far) for our Hershey convention (a very good sign, since the show is almost a year from now):

Non-Sport Update magazine - The bi-monthly magazine (since 1990) for the discriminating collector of non-sports cards.

Alan Miley - a quality dealer that specializes in a wide array of non-sports cards, including tobacco cards, coffee cards, candy and gum cards, and more!

JL Cards - JL Cards is headed by Joe Lange from Philadelphia, PA. Joe sells sets and singles from the 1920s to the 1980s plus. Joe has set-up at the Philly Non-Sports Card Show for over 25 years.

Bill Miller - Bill Miller of Grantville, Pennsylvania has a variety of inventory in his collection, including tobacco cards, postcards, and other related ephemera.

ZoloWorld.com - The company is owned and operated by Michael Zolotorow, of Churchville, PA. ZoloWorld.com is an action figure and toy protective case manufacturing company. They also offer vintage to modern toys and collectibles.

Heroes Unlimited - The company is managed by Ken Laurence, of Oradell NJ, which specializes in non-sports related collectibles, including autograph photos. Laurence is also the promoter of the Super Mega Show in New Jersey, and the Super Mega Fest in Boston, MA.

If what was said, so far, doesn't impress you, here's something to chew on, while looking at your vintage trading cards Wink... Rich Brinkos (a/k/a The Gumball Guy) will be loading up his truck with all sorts of antique and vintage gumball machines... So start saving your pennies!

Please remember to check back periodically, as I will continue to post updates as I receive them!

Until then...

Best regards,

Ron (NonSportsCard)
Outreach Coordinator
USA Theatres
P.O. Box 43
Hershey, PA 17033
PH: 717.542.0567

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ron Vastola,

Posts: 16 | Location: Hershey, PA 17033 | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you putting the show back on. I don't think the date is good though. With the philly show being a month away from your show I would expect a smaller turnout. You should space it inbetween the philly shows. Maybe January or July. I think July would be a good month. You could get people to stop on their way to Hershey!

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
Glad to see you putting the show back on. I don't think the date is good though. With the philly show being a month away from your show I would expect a smaller turnout. You should space it inbetween the philly shows. Maybe January or July. I think July would be a good month. You could get people to stop on their way to Hershey!

I don't think it's really going to matter as it sounds like the non-sport dealers will only make up a small percentage of the vendors at the show. Besides, this way NSU will be able to advertise the Philly show to a (hopefully) new audience and that might actually increase attendance at the Allentown show.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
will keep my eye on this
but doubtful I will travel all the way from Toronto, after the Philly show

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh no... It's The New Jersey Devils vs. The Hershey Bears!?!

You addressed this topic with us on another forum, and we replied that July may be an option in the near future... It's going to be another fantastic show! QUOTE]Originally posted by ifish73:
Glad to see you putting the show back on. I think the date is good. With the philly show being a month away from your show I would expect a larger turnout. You should space it inbetween the philly shows. Maybe January or July. I think July would be a good month. You could get people to stop on their way to Hershey![/QUOTE]

posted Hide Post
You're right, the Hershey convention is going to be a great promotional opportunity for Non-Sport Update magazine. The Hershey convention has a much larger exhibitor room as opposed to the Baltimore show (6,500 sq. ft vs. 3,375 sq.ft.)... We anticipate approx. 75 exhibitor spaces to be utilized, but promise to deliver just as many quality non-sports card dealers as before (if not more)... We just had another non-sports card dealer sign up for the show... William Miller, of Grantville, Pennsylvania!! Bill did the Baltimore show back in March 2010 and had a blast! Bill will be showcasing his vintage non-sports cards including tobacco cards, postcards, and other related ephemera... Another great addition to the show. So far, there are about a dozen or so exhibitors who signed up for the Hershey show, which equals to about 24 exhibitor spaces / tables... So we are over 30% sold out and the show is almost a year away! This is a GREAT sign!

-Ron
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
Glad to see you putting the show back on. I don't think the date is bad though. With the philly show being a month away from your show I would expect a larger turnout. You should space it inbetween the philly shows. Maybe January or July. I think July would be a good month. You could get people to stop on their way to Hershey!

I don't think it's really going to matter as it sounds like the non-sport dealers will only make up a small percentage of the vendors at the show. Besides, this way NSU will be able to advertise the Philly show to a (hopefully) new audience and that might actually increase attendance at the Allentown show.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Vastola:
Oh no... It's The New Jersey Devils vs. The Hershey Bears!?!

You addressed this topic with us on another forum, and we replied that July may be an option in the near future... It's going to be another fantastic show! QUOTE]Originally posted by ifish73:
Glad to see you putting the show back on. I think the date is good. With the philly show being a month away from your show I would expect a larger turnout. You should space it inbetween the philly shows. Maybe January or July. I think July would be a good month. You could get people to stop on their way to Hershey!

July is actually a rough month for shows in the PA area. You have the Steel City convention and Shore Leave, both of which are only a couple hours from Hershey.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree... July is a very busy month... not just for conventions, but for outside gatherings as well... In July, our portable drive-in and outdoor movie theatre is booked every weekend... visit www.usatheatres.com to see our 2012 summer movie schedule... No admission fee charged Smile Hey, Laura, are you going to exhibit at this Hershey Expo? I have a table reserved for you (just like last time Smile).

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I agree... July is a very busy month... not just for conventions, but for outside gatherings as well... In July, our portable drive-in and outdoor movie theatre is booked every weekend... visit www.usatheatres.com to see our 2012 summer movie schedule... No admission fee charged Smile Hey, Laura, are you going to exhibit at this Hershey Expo? I have a table reserved for you (just like last time Smile).

Thanks Ron, I will definitely be there.

posted Hide Post
Cool! Talk to you soon! - Ron
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
quote:

Thanks Ron, I will definitely be there.