Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Great Pumpkin Contest at Philly Show
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great Pumpkin Contest at Philly Show
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Cliff & Carol (two of the helpers at the Philly Show) had a crazy idea—Let's get the artist to decorate pumpkins at the Philly Show. It's just a couple of weeks until Halloween, after all. So to that end, we'll be arming each of the artists at the upcoming show with pumpkins and asking them to decorate them (time permitting) on Saturday. On Sunday, we'll ask collectors to vote for their favorite and the creator of the winning pumpkin will be awarded with a gift card.

So if you see pumpkins around the show, you'll know why! Big Grin

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Maybe the pumpkins could be raffled or auctioned off for charity,

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
Maybe the pumpkins could be raffled or auctioned off for charity,

Thought about that too. But the art that you would win would disintegrate within a couple of weeks!! If you buy a canvas, or a sketch card, it does't shrivel up and turn into trash a couple of weeks later. At least, most of them don't. Big Grin

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
I know I would buy a chance at having an original art pumpkin to put next to my crappy jack-o-lanterns on my front porch. All the kids come to my door checking out my Iron Man painted pumpkin. Too cool!

you could also include them as some of the door prizes for Sunday.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post