Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Pre-Purchase Tickets to the Philly Show and get into the Philadelphia Comic Con Free!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pre-Purchase Tickets to the Philly Show and get into the Philadelphia Comic Con Free!
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted

Here's a great deal for those living in Pennsylvania, or any of the surrounding states. Pre-purchase entry into the Philly Non-Sports Card Show and get into the Philadelphia Comic Con free! And once more, your pre-purchased Philly Show tickets will save your two dollars over the two-day rate at the door, so you’ll be saving twice.

Here's how to take advance of the offer. Comic and card dealer Derek Woywood (who runs the Philadelphia Comic Con) will be set-up at this weekend's Steel City Con (more details on the blog here and on the Steel City Con website). You'll find him at the All-American Comics & Collectibles tables. You can purchase a two-day pass to the Philly Non-Sports Card Show from Derek for just $10. Not only will this save you $2 over the door price but it will get you into the Philadelphia Comic Con show for free.

Can't make Steel City? This same offer will be available at the Philadelphia Comic Con show itself, taking place March 18 at the Ramada Philadelphia Airport (76 Industrial Highway, Essington, PA 19029). Ask at the door to pre-purchase your Philly Non-Sports Card Show two-day pass with free entry to the Philadelphia Comic Con. You can find out more information about the Philadelphia Comic Con on their website.

Come out and support your local shows!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of special interest to card collectors will be one of my guests at the March 18th Comic-Con in Philadelphia. Bill McKay is making the trek up from the DC area just for the show. He has worked on TONS of sets as a sketch card artist. This is his first appearance in the area and I don't recall him being at any of the "Philly" non-sports shows in the past either.

If you can't make the show I am doing my usual show circuit so you can still pick up discounted advance tickets from me at other shows. I just wouldn't be able to offer the free admission part to these other shows as I am not the promoter. Here is a list of shows I will be at in the coming weeks-

March 11th Tysons Corner, VA Crowne Plaza
March 18th PHILADELPHIA
March 24th/25th Annapolis,MD
April 1st Richmond, VA
April 14th Schnecksville, PA (next to Allentown)
April 15th Timonium,MD

All of the above shows are mainly comic book shows BUT besides my selection of non-sports there are anywhere from 2-4 more dealers with cards. If you need details on any of the show dates listed above then e-mail me at dwoywood@yahoo.com

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a reminder about the show this Sunday. The $10 price for 2 days will only be available from me in advance. PLUS you save the usual $3 admission cost at my show. And YES you will get all the promo cards at the non-sports show too. If you are unable to make it then check the list above for shows you may be closer to in the coming weeks before the big show on April 21st and 22nd!

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post