Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    SDCC 2023 Card Talk Dinner
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SDCC 2023 Card Talk Dinner
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Hello Friends! San Diego Comic Con is right around the corner, so once again it's time to make plans to attend the annual Saturday post-Con Card Talk Dinner.

Hosted by Natalie (NL), Jerry (pendragon) and myself, there will be fun, fellowship and prize bags for attendees. Card trading IS encouraged Smile

This year we're looking at Cheesecake Factory (or possibly New York West) in Seaport Village. Start time will be around 7:15 -7:30PM on Saturday, July 22nd, to give folks a chance to walk over after the exhibition hall closes at 7:00.

If you plan on attending please post here or message directly so we can get an accurate head count. Thanks and hope to see you there!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dcole,

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I shall be there in spirit as always. Wavey

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well I should hope so!!

One of these days we do expect you to make an in-person appearance, you know... Cool Wave

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
This sounds like fun. I wish I could go. Smile

Posts: 2290 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine Perna:
This sounds like fun. I wish I could go. Smile

I shall allow you to join me as a spirit guest. Wavey

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I almost feel like making the journey JUST for this

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello,

Thanks to those who joined us for dinner though there was a last minute change in venue that couldn’t be avoided.

We had a very small group this year but still had goodie bags filled with Con, cards and collectible stuff for attendees.

We know it’s been a challenge for people to attend Con these last few years and thank those who do make it. However, next year is my last year to work SDCC and both Jerry and Debi agree, it will also be the last time we hold a dinner for card peeps. We’ve tried to continue the trend to have a card related event in place but we’re done!

It’s been fun and always a pleasure seeing familiar faces as well as meeting new card traders so we hope more can join us next year.

If you’re at Con or happen to be in San Diego next July and are into trading cards, please join us on Saturday, July 27, 2024. The location will be announced as early as we confirm a place.

Best,
NL

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post