Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Shore Leave 33 - July 8 -10, 2011, Baltimore, MD area
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shore Leave 33 - July 8 -10, 2011, Baltimore, MD area
 Login/Join

Picture of miket999
posted
Wow, they have come up with some great guests for this show. I might have to try to go.

We are pleased to announce our guests for Shore Leave 33:

Celebrity Guests:

Christopher Judge
Eddie McClintock
Tricia Helfer
John de Lancie
Gary Lockwood
Sally Kellerman
Cliff Simon

Also joining us are these authors, scientists, and performers:

Rigel Ailur, Lucy Albert, Mike W Barr, David Batchelor, The Boogie Knights, T.A. Chafin, Greg Cox, Ann C. Crispin, Kathleen David, Peter A David, Keith DeCandido, Kevin Dilmore, Daryl Frazetti , Michael Jan Friedman, Dave Galanter, Robert Greenberger, Glen Hauman, Alan Kistler, William Leisner, Luna-C, David Mack, Kelly Meding, Larry Nemecek, Marco Palmieri, Scott Pearson, Aaron Rosenberg, Lawrence M Schoen, Paul Simpson, Ray Villard, Dayton Ward and Howard Weinstein

Photo Opportunities with our celebrity guests will be offered again this year. Please check our web site for more details.

The deadline for early registration is June 15, 2011. At-the-door registration (limited to 1500) will take place at the convention.
Weekend: $85 (Register in advance for $80.)
Friday Only: $30
Saturday Only: $60 (includes Masquerade and Ten-Forward)
Saturday Evening Only: $15 - For admission to Masquerade (viewing attendance) and Ten Forward only. To participate in the Masquerade you must have at least a full Saturday membership.
Sunday Only: $40
Teen (13-17): $50
Youth (5-12): $20
Children (under 5): Free with paying adult

Memberships to Shore Leave 33 will be available in person at Farpoint (February 18-20) at the Crowne Plaza in Timonium). Please visit us at our table.

If you have any questions about the convention, please email information@shore-leave.com.
Keep checking our web site, www.shore-leave.com , for updates. And now you can follow us on Twitter! See the web site for details. Hope to see you in July!

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In terms of card dealers, Ted, Zeno's Books and I will all be there. The dealers room is open to the public, so if all you want to do is come and shop it won't cost you anything in terms of admission.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I was just going to say that sounded very exspensive to get in but i notice the dealer room is free entry so a massive congrats to whoever decided that. Clap

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I was just going to say that sounded very exspensive to get in but i notice the dealer room is free entry so a massive congrats to whoever decided that. Clap

I've noticed most of the scifi conventions have free general public access to the dealers room
- they must have learnt to do this over time Smile

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hcbrewer:

I've noticed most of the scifi conventions have free general public access to the dealers room
- they must have learnt to do this over time Smile

I wish they would learn to do this over here.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The weekend fees might sound expensive, but keep in mind you get free autographs on Saturday and Sunday from Christopher Judge, Tricia Helfer and Eddie McClintock. With most people charging $20 an autograph it basically pays for your admission (if you're into autographs).
It's also a lot easier to have free admission for the show with the dealers separated from all other events. Dealers are upstairs all the other activities are downstairs.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Oh i didn't spot the free auto's, in that case all is good.

posted Hide Post
So far, it looks like I will be there, in the Dealer Room, along with Chris Henderson.

Rabid Horse Art - www.rabidhorse.com

Art Updates - www.rabidhorse.com/artblog

Posts: 390 | Location: East of Montreal, Canada | Registered: October 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just a reminder that the show is only about a week away.

Unfortunately Ted will not be setting up this year but... (card wise) Zeno's Books, myself, Ingrid Hardy and Chris Henderson will be setup and... Rhiannon Owens and Sean Pence will be wandering around. There may be other folks set up with cards as well, I'm not sure at this point.

posted Hide Post
If I remember correctly, Sean will be set up, but I'm going just to hang out with him our friend John. We had such a blast at the NSU show in Allentown we decided to spend more time cutting it up in B-More Smile

But yes, we'll be there Big Grin

Posts: 113 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
From the collector side, I should be there!

Looking forward to seeing everyone..

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
wish I could make it to this one
but traveling to the east coast of Canada
to visit family

looks like its going to be fun Smile

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will definitely be there, and am looking forward to saying hello to everyone!

Rabid Horse Art - www.rabidhorse.com

Art Updates - www.rabidhorse.com/artblog

Posts: 390 | Location: East of Montreal, Canada | Registered: October 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'll be giving out P1's for Eureka and Warehouse 13 Season 2 at my table all weekend.

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I will be there on Saturday if all possible. 3 of us in our house now have summer colds. It hit hard and fast. First cold I have had in years...

Hold on to a promo or 2 or 3 for me Laura! Smile

Mike.

Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
I'll be giving out P1's for Eureka and Warehouse 13 Season 2 at my table all weekend.

anyway those of us that can't attend can get these promo's from you ? ... SASE ?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mike - I had the same thing about a month ago... I was fine all winter but suddenly (in the middle of June) it's cold season! Hope you are able to make it today

hcbrewer - if I have any cards left at the end of the show I will be happy to send you a couple.

Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
excellent Elephant

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I went to the Shore Leave Sci Fi Show today in Maryland. The show is 3 days long, but I only went 1 day.

Not very many card dealers there, but my main goal this day was to meet some celebrities and meet some sketch artists that I had not personally met before.

Laura Inglis (Wandring Rebel and Sketch artist), Wayne Ehrmann and Tony Jones from Zeno's Books were there with booths. Laura was giving out the new Eureka P1 promo and Warehouse 13 Season 2 P1 promo cards. She had also stocked the freebies table at the show with 258 West Authentic promos that Marco had given her. To be honest, my only card purchases of the day was for a Dangerous Divas base set.

As for artists, there were a lot of familiar names: Rhiannon Owens, Sean Pence, Ingrid Hardy, and Chris Henderson. I spent a lot of time with Ingrid and Chris discussing a variety of topics. Very nice people... Rhiannon and Sean were great as well.

I did purchase a Harry Potter print from Sean. It really caught my eye. I might scan it and post an image later.

As for celebrities, I met and got autographs of Sally Kellerman (Hot Lips from original MASH), Tricia Helfer (#6 from Battlestar), Christopher Judge from SG-1, Gary Lockwood from the original Star Trek and Eddie McClintock who plays Pete in Warehouse 13. I also saw Cliff Simon and John de Lancie. I did not get John's autograph as I already have an 8 x 10 signed by him so I opted not to spend the dollars.

Below are some pictures that I took.

I had a great time at the show and glad I went.

Eddie McClintock:

Sketch Artists Ingrid Hardy and Chris Henderson:

Sign at Eddie McClintocks table:

Christopher Judge:

Tricia Helfer:

Gary Lockwood:

Tony Jones from Zeno Books and friend Sherry:

Wayne Ehrmann from Zeno's and Laura Inglis:

What is that horrible creature coming through the Stargate?

Mike Tilford I think.............

Sally Kellerman - Hot Lips in original Mash. Also in Back to School with the late Rodney Dangerfield:

Sally Kellerman talking with Cliff Simon:

John de Lancie - Was "Q" in Star Trek.

All of the celebrities were great. I caught the tail end of John de Lancies panel. He played clips of something called Alien Voice done by him and Leonard Nimoy... I then saw Eddie McClintocks panel and it was great. Lots of Warehouse 13 news, and it was perfect timing with Season 3 starting Monday night.

Mike.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: miket999,

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Nice report and pictures Mike, glad you had a good time. Thumb Up