Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Shore Leave 33 - July 8 -10, 2011, Baltimore, MD area
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shore Leave 33 - July 8 -10, 2011, Baltimore, MD area
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you were able to make it Mike!
Thanks for sharing the pictures too, I missed Eddie's little sign - but at least I got away from the table long enough to hear him tell the Boreanaz story Smile

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
I got to ask: what is McClintock's Boreanaz story? I like the little sign he had at his table. I also think he is better looking than DB.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Would love to know the Boreanaz story too. Wish I would have saw this earlier in the day -- I got to interview Eddie for our new blog and that will be going up in the next day or two along with a show report and photos. If I had known, I would have asked him. I don't think the sign was on the table when I talked to him.

Really enjoyed the trip to the show today and got to see a lot of cool people -- Tony, Wayne, and Laura, of course, plus Sean Pence and Chris Henderson. And it was great to meet Ingrid Hardy (along with her family). She is a really nice person in person, but I was pretty much expecting that anyway. Big Grin It was also cool to see Rhiannon Owens there -- I totally didn't expect to see her but there Rhiburgurnocheese (or whatever she calls herself on here LOL) was. Really enjoyed talking to her and Sean.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The David Boreanaz story is a bit long (too long to type anyway) but someone gave Eddie this button during the weekend that pretty much sums it up.

http://twitpic.com/5ocan2

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Would love to know the Boreanaz story too. Wish I would have saw this earlier in the day -- I got to interview Eddie for our new blog and that will be going up in the next day or two along with a show report and photos. If I had known, I would have asked him. I don't think the sign was on the table when I talked to him.

Really enjoyed the trip to the show today and got to see a lot of cool people -- Tony, Wayne, and Laura, of course, plus Sean Pence and Chris Henderson. And it was great to meet Ingrid Hardy (along with her family). She is a really nice person in person, but I was pretty much expecting that anyway. Big Grin It was also cool to see Rhiannon Owens there -- I totally didn't expect to see her but there Rhiburgurnocheese (or whatever she calls herself on here LOL) was. Really enjoyed talking to her and Sean.

I'm glad you and your dad were able to make it to the show. Shore Leave is always a fun convention and there is always a ton of stuff to see and do.

I didn't get much of a chance to take pictures this weekend so I'm glad that you and Mike did.
It's always fun chatting with Sean and it was great to finally meet Ingrid and Chris in person. I saw Rhi briefly on Friday but didn't really get much of a chance to chat.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
That pin is great. Smile Eddie seems like a nice guy.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I should add that Eddie McClintock loves Diet Coke as much as I do.

He was on stage for his panel, and all of a sudden someone came in with a Diet Coke and sat it down on the table next to a Diet Pepsi that was already sitting there. Eddie explained that he is hooked on Diet Coke. He held up the Diet Pepsi and said this is what they gave me and then promptly threw it away on the stage (still sealed) and then opened and drank his Diet Coke. He even did a Diet Coke advertising pose! He was a very cool guy and acts just like Pete on Warehouse 13. Very fan friendly and gets star struck just like everyone else. He had some great stories.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
Thanks for sharing the pictures too, I missed Eddie's little sign - but at least I got away from the table long enough to hear him tell the Boreanaz story Smile

I bet someone took Eddie's little sign after the show Saturday night. Great item to snag... And no, it wasn't me... Smile

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miket999:
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:

I bet someone took Eddie's little sign after the show Saturday night. Great item to snag... And no, it wasn't me... Smile

Mike.

He still had the sign for his autograph session on Sunday. I'm guessing that, and the table cloth he doodled on, may have been auctioned off.
Speaking of Eddie and Shore Leave, Harris has posted an interview with Eddie on the Non Sport Update blog.

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
As I think I mentioned in my show summary, Sean Pence had created an 8.5 x 11 inch print of Harry Potter and most of the main characters. The print is limited to 25 copies, was numbered (mine is number 6), and was signed by Sean.

I think Sean captured the characters right on. I do not normally purchase prints, but this one touched me and I had to get it.

Sean told me the original sketch cards were sold at the last Philly Show.

Mike.

posted Hide Post
That is such a great piece!

It was really wonderful to have the chance to meet Sean again, and meet Laura Inglis, Chris Henderson, Harris Toser, Mike999 and all the other great people at the show. Loved it!

Rabid Horse Art - www.rabidhorse.com

Art Updates - www.rabidhorse.com/artblog

Posts: 390 | Location: East of Montreal, Canada | Registered: October 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jedipencil:
That is such a great piece!

It was really wonderful to have the chance to meet Sean again, and meet Laura Inglis, Chris Henderson, Harris Toser, Mike999 and all the other great people at the show. Loved it!

It was great meeting you too Ingrid! You need to post a picture of your art that Eddie McClintock signed.